Marketing Your Vending Company

SHEN

As I research the different kinds of Vendor outreach programs, I realize you can also purchase clothing.  Has anyone used this approach?  Can you really wear a cap/shirt to sway the decision makers' mind to place your machine?

Is it worth it - I mean to purchase the products?  And, are these purchases regarded as donations or subject to tax write-offs?

It makes for a pretty neat uniform but don't think i'm willing to spend extra if it is not worth it.  What is your take?

Thanks,

SHEN

I do have some items that i purchased for winter marketing......I have a couple of long sleeve shirts with my business name and a couple pull over polo sweaters with my name as well. I think they look a little fancy but its a professional approach.... for the most part in the vending business is one that you dont need fancy marketing.......just machines and good service

• 3 years later...

I am not sure that it will help with Bulk vending other than with name recondition. People do not go around asking if you know a good bulk vendor, even if they were thing it would work in their biz.

As I research the different kinds of Vendor outreach programs, I realize you can also purchase clothing.  Has anyone used this approach?  Can you really wear a cap/shirt to sway the decision makers' mind to place your machine?

Is it worth it - I mean to purchase the products?  And, are these purchases regarded as donations or subject to tax write-offs?

It makes for a pretty neat uniform but don't think i'm willing to spend extra if it is not worth it.  What is your take?

Thanks,

SHEN

Are you kidding me? You want to know if you can wear a cap & shirt? Yeah... and you can also fly a biplane over the place of business with a banner that says whatever you want too. And when you do your locating at night, you can shoot fireworks into the sky with your message as well. It's called capitalism, brother!

You can do whatever you want, as long as it's not illegal. Bring in a cheerleading squad and have them do your cheer. Get creative. :)

If you want to talk about what you can't do... well, fraud perhaps? Arson? Murder? Extortion? You can't do those things. But wearing a t-shirt and cap is fine. :)

Are you kidding me? You want to know if you can wear a cap & shirt? Yeah... and you can also fly a biplane over the place of business with a banner that says whatever you want too. And when you do your locating at night, you can shoot fireworks into the sky with your message as well. It's called capitalism, brother!

You can do whatever you want, as long as it's not illegal. Bring in a cheerleading squad and have them do your cheer. Get creative. :)

If you want to talk about what you can't do... well, fraud perhaps? Arson? Murder? Extortion? You can't do those things. But wearing a t-shirt and cap is fine. :)

I hope he didn't wait 3 and half years for this advice

Archived