patiently waiting

stacey

I would like to get your opinion on how many times should you try to  contact a potential route before saying  forget it. 

Long story short; had an verbal agreement with an office manager, she had to get a sign off from her rm,  and fax me back the agreement.  After a day or so I tried to contact her and about two weeks later when I did get someone come to find out they have new management .  I was told to cb first of August and this was the end of June.....:X    Well I cb had to do another meeting and was told her regional manager was in town this week and she'd get her to sign off on it today.   10 business days have passed.  I didnt call monday labor day, but did call tues and wed  and fri of the same week.  Her     assistant just keeps telling me she's out or busy he'll give her the message and she'll call me as soon as she get a free time.  I've never experienced anything like this.  This is a great potential account but I don't want to seem pushy and keep calling ,however, I would like her to just be up front if she has changed her mind..

How shoud I handle this?:(  

Stacey,

Keep on them, the worst that could happen is that you'll get a "no" and you'll be in the same position as you are now.

I would keep on calling them until they give you an answer one way or the other.

I am still hounding Zeese Vending for a shipping quote that I called them for back in January! Read this thread==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=758&forum_id=1&highlight=stand

I'm sure I will never get a call back from them but it's fun to keep calling them to remind them that I've been waiting 8 months for a simple shipping quote. :D I will continue to call and harrass them on a monthly basis until they either block my calls or they give me the quote. I have no shame! :shock:

Steve

You know what Steve , in the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing.  CALL,CALL,CALL, until speaks with me and tells me one way or another.   I guess being from the south ,were pretty easy going and polite so it's kinda out of my character to actually feel like I am imposing   But being around the forum and reading about the ones achieving this is what it takes. The success of my biz is up to me,  I now see that biz is biz bar none.........

Thanks guys for a kick in the butt....:D