Graffiti on my Machine

andyrosen

When I went to re-fill one of my 1800’s today – it’s located in a supermarket break room- some jerk scrawled his graffiti across the top of my machine lid in permanent magic marker.   Many of you know that 800’s have a metal lids with each machine. 

Is there a way I can remove this mark without affecting the chrome shine on my machine?

Thank you,

Andy

Hey Andy,

Use Goo Gone. (Orange Citrus Scent) You can buy it at Home Depot, Lowe's & most supermarkets in the cleaning aisle. I use it all the time on my 1800's and it does not hurt anything on the machines.

Spray it on. Wait a few minutes and wipe it off with a cloth. You may have to rub a little but it will come off.

Gary

I use Goof Off 2 (orange container). It is also safe on plastic globes.

I will never understand why some people do that - must have real boring lives. They also like to tamper with the charity labels and sometimes even remove them. Over the years I have learned to place all labeling (signs, price, charity, etc.) inside the machine.

Jax

Thanks all for your feedback. To your comment, Jax, about why someone would spend time defacing personal property with graffiti, this supermarket is in the lower income part of my route which is rife with gangs. One gangbanger was marking his turf.

This part of my route is also my most lucrative, so I hope this relatively minor incident is the only issue I have with abuse to my machines (knock wood!).

Andy