Checking coin mechs

MountainMan

Hi all,

Been very busy so I have not been around much lately. I wanted to thank you all for all of your help when I started. I was saved some embarrassment last week.

Because of this group I knew about some of the mistakes that are made so I make sure to check out the coin mechs upon placement and to be very careful in doing so. Last week I cleaned up a machine I pulled from a low producing placement and put it in a laundromat. I had been wanting to for some time as I thought it was cake for making money. Plus I got the placement for it and a coke machine I bought from them!

Ayway, I quickly placed it and almost forgot because I have been so busy and heck, I put it all together right! I always am very careful.

I said to myself that if I did that, I would get into a bad habit, so I ran a couple of quarters through each one of the triple I placed. One of the reasons, by the way, to do this is to prime the machine. I want to be sure that the customer gets a full vend, plus I give the free vend to the owner or customers or whatever.

Well, I turned the knob on the Mike and Ike's, holding the chute door of course. What I heard caused panic in my very soul. :shock: I had put the top plate on backwards (it even says front, duh). the chute was full of product! It was not all over the floor because you all had warned me about that :) 

I quickly grabbed my bag and let it fill up, then fixed the problem and restocked. I dropped 3 whole pieces of candy.

Oh, btw, 9 bucks in 6 days!

I do an early check to make sure things are going well and do it so it coincides with my monthly checks, within a few days.

Always remember to check your machine when you locate it!