Combo or Snack and Soda

stacey

I have someone who is interested in both soda and snack.  I only have  experience with soda's and this is what I have mainly  market .  However,  to get the account I would have to do both..  She said that there's about 10-12 in the office but there's about 60 in and out .  should i do a combo or soda and snack machine?    I get soda machines locally at a great price.    What's got me a little worried is the cost of a combo or snack machine.  What size snack  or combo machine would work best for this account and will it cost a arm and a leg.....Iam still fairly new at this 4 soda's machines.

Thanks

Stacey,

Personally, I would go with two separate machines. If you are getting good prices on soda machines already, why not find a deal on a narrow snack machine and place them side-by-side. You will save a lot of money. If you buy a new combo it will cost much more.

Gary

Stacey, we have one combo and several individual soda/snack machines. Mechanical combos can be found for a cheap price and I, personally, like them. The only negative is they store less product, so you need to service it more often.

However, they take up much less space than the full size ones.

If you don't have a lot of space, definitely go combo.

Otherwise, you need to consider product life. If you get full size machines, you'll need to keep them less full or the product may go stale (because of the size of the office).

Kevin

Would it be crazy to put two combos in an area instead of two seperate snack and pop machines?  You can get the combos really cheap as Kevin mentioned and they seem to be easier to obtain.  Just something to think about.

Stacey,

If you dont mind me asking is the foot traffic steady at this location(daily 60 people)?Is this a 7 day a week operation? What are the hours? I would really think this location out based on the answers you give to the above questions. I think the soda machine would be fine at a location like this but would be a stretch for an electric snack machine. In my own opinion put in a soda machine and an honor box or mechanical machine for the employees and walk ins. Again depending on the answers above it will take you a long time to get your money back on your investment for your snack machine if you go electric. Curious on the answers to give a better reply.

Brian

Stacey;

Ten people generally are not enough to sustain a snack machine or a combo, especially if it is an office. I wouldn't count too much on the 60 coming and going, unless they stay for hours at a time. The 60 people who come and go have lots of opportunity to buy elsewhere and they probably will. My guess is the location is a real estate office. I had one with 27 agents and 10 staff. It did $10.00 a week tops. I tried an electronic combo, then switched to a mechanical snack and a three column pop machine. It still was a bad location. 

If this is an office, my suggestion is to only look at the full time people as your head count and 10 is not enough.

Just my two cents.

Ted