Best place to buy?

What is the best place to buy soda, Gatorade & water? I checked Sam's club and their prices aren't to bad on cans but they only sell 24oz. Pepsi, 20oz. Coke. Their Coke prices are like retail prices, 24oz is high also and they don't carry 20oz Pepsi products at all. On top of that-you have to pay deposit on every case.

Is it better to go to the Pepsi distribution center to buy product? Will they sell to outside vendors? Are their prices better and do you have to pay deposit?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gary

Gary,

I use my local pepsi distributor for some of my Pepsi products. I buy my 20oz Aquafina through them along with the 20 oz flavored water. I have found though that the prices for the 12 oz cans are cheaper going through Sams and Smart & Final (I believe they have them in CA). Prices at Sams for Pepsi products and Coke products just went up......Pepsi $7.72 per case and Coke $7.22 per case with no deposit. As you know prices at Sams are based per location and not as a whole. Smart & Final here in AZ have 24 pack Pepsi & Coke products 12 oz cans for $5.99 per case no deposit(best deal I have found so far). Mainly I just look through the Sunday paper and shop the deals. My Pepsi distributor has told me once I continue to order the quantity I have been ordering for a few months my price will be rolled back by about 25 cents per case. Hope this helps.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

In Southern Indiana, You can't buy 20oz coke or pepsi products unless you buy from the bottler. Obviously, the more you buy at once, the cheaper it is. for 35 cases (24 bottles/case) at a time from Coke, I am looking at around 78.2 cents per 20oz bottle. The thing I don't understand is that I can go to my local wal-mart and get the 24oz coke bottles for 61.5 cents each!

Regardless if I have my own machine or use their's the price is still the same, So until I understand the machines and know how to work on them and convert them to 24oz bottles, I am saving my money and will be using their machines.

If I knew how to convert a machine or find a machine that would vend 16.9oz bottles, then I would really be in business!

I am still waiting for a Pepsi sales person to contact me. I have contacted the local (to my area)Pepsi bottler 3 times in the last 2 weeks and keep getting the run around and they say a Sales Rep will contact me within 2 business days.

Plus here in Indiana, to deal directly with the bottler, I have to have a Federal and State tax ID number. And after researching, I am not too sure I want to go through the trouble of keeping track of money for a whole year and pay the FED and State taxes on everything. To me, it sounds like I would be spending even more money to just get a free machine to use that vends bottles.

The more I researched tonite, the more I honestly think I am just going to stick to my 6 Royal 448 machines I got and concentrate on placing them and when I come up with the cash from those machines, then start looking and purchasing bottle machines.

You can't buy 20oz coke or pepsi products unless you buy from the bottler.

I've heard that statement from others as well. Fortunately for me, they sell them at both of my local wholesale clubs but unfortunately for me, I have no bottle machines! :D

Talk about getting all dressed up with no place to go! ;)

Steve