L.E.D. Flashing Display Lights?

West Coast Vend LLC

Has anyone on the forums tried putting a flashing L.E.D. light on the vending machines to attract customers. Sometimes just something to catch their eye will help bring customers and revenue to your machines.  I was checking the internet for prices on them and they cost about $1.50 for 100 pieces and last about 30 days. I think that's kind of short life but I guess you would pay more for better battery life. I was will wait to hear from you guys before I move on this idea.

Gary

Wow Simon, very nice!

You make them yourself. What does it cost to make them and how long do they last on the 2 AA batteries? It looks like a battery holder with LED light wired to it at the top. Do you drill a hole through display holder and the display card? Or is it between the card and the holder? How do you get it to flash?

I would like to test the idea in about a dozen stores just to see if it draws attention to my display.

Very cool idea.

Gary

i use double tape

battaries will last 6o days to 120 days if you use qulity battries.

the led is build with the flasher inside.

it comes in red yellow green but i use red i looks best.

if you would like i will sell you 5 of them for $20.00 i can mail it to you

and if you like them and use them send me a check if not send them back.

Battries not included  (i loved that movie)

i also use them on small display card by driling hole and mounting it from the back.

i use 1 to 3 light on the smal display card and up to 6 on the 2" display card.

Simon

Gary, I am not sure on the pricing but I know cardinal also sales a card holder that has two rows of flashing led lights on them. They operate off of 2 D cell batteries. They clame they will last 6 months I don't know. I just happend to catch the ad in VT.

• 5 weeks later...

Gary

battery will last from 90 days and up depends on the type bettery qualtiy of course will last longer. but you can count on on a very safe 90 days at least.

I dont have a way to sell from the web site so to order you can do it the old fashion way and  call me direct at 818-577-7169.

Simon