Vendo Vue 40 Problems

gdevine

Sorry if this is a duplicate topic.

I have a Vendo Vue 40 that decided to only open the product flap door  2/3 of the way every now and then.  Subsequently the hand would jam on the flapper.  When I put it in test mode the flapper opens all the way with probably 200 tests.   Its driving me nuts, I close the main door and make ten purchases with no problem then again the flapper only open 1/2-2/3 and jams the hand.   Vendo tech support told me to unplug the validator and try it out. "Sometimes a faulty validator can cause feedback etc"  Well that didn't matter the next time I came back to the account, the machine vended about  25 items before the hand jammed again.

Vendo tech says could be the X ribbon cable, or other things.  BY THE WAY I changed the IGUS harness about 9 months ago and didn't have any problems until this occurred with the flapper door.  I did change out the actual flapper door about 2 months before because it had split.  

Now, for the last 3 weeks the machine has been working flawlessly with about a 1000 vends or more.  Every time I service the account Im afraid to look at the machine.  Anyone got an idea what to look for when it happens again?  A friend of mine thinks it is the main board ( has the latest software update), but I don't think so. 

My only other suspicion is the harness running to the MCB, (could that be why when the main door is open and in test vend the flapper worked perfectly), then closing the main door the harness moves to a position that causes a loose connection.  I don't know if that makes sense.  

Anyone have this problem?  If so what did you do besides junk the machine LOL.

Vendo Vues are kinda jerks. There is so much that can go wrong.

So, when you door a door flap test, it works perfectly every time, but when you actually test it with the door closed, it's messing up?

I've seen this behavior before, but I don't quite recall what I ended up doing yo fix it. ( It gives me great pleasure to write this next sentence. ) I haven't had to work on one in over a year and a half.

I'm sure AZ will have some better ideas on what to look for.

Archived