16.9 oz bottles

pdavid

Yes, you can vend the 16.9oz bottles, However, you might want to put a "cling" type sign on the machine that says that they are 16.9oz

Most people have become used to getting a 20oz There was a local business here that vended the 16.9oz bottles are were getting quite a few complaints about them being "smaller" so they had one of those window cling type signs made up and everyone stopped complaining.

But don't be surprised if you don't get very many sales if you have them priced the same as what area machines are that have the 20oz. Some of the "can" machines will vend the 16.9oz bottles.

But if you are going to have a "bottle" machine. My advice would be to set it up for 24oz bottles and let everyone know that they will be getting 4 more ounces of soda than the other guy's machine and more than likely you will be able to charge 5-15cents MORE than the 20oz guys.

Also just FYI, I can go to my local Wal-mart and get the 24oz bottles for around 58-61cents each were as I would have to pay 78 cents each for the 20oz bottles from my local bottler.

Hope my ramblings help you and anyone else that reads this.

Good Luck,

Mike

All they have then is the 16.9oz bottles?

What is keeping you from vending 20oz from coke? Are they pretty much giving you the cold shoulder? Won't return your calls etc? I know with the bottlers around here, I had to keep calling them and finally got the ball rolling, but I am still attempting to speak to someone from Pepsi besides the secretaries that answer the phones.

They're telling me I can't take deliveries at my private residence. So I'd need to rent warehouse space, which I can't do at this point.

Ahhh,  they are going that route huh.  Apparently they don't want your business very bad.   Pretty sad if you ask me.  Have you checked into a local pick up if you purchase x amount of cases?