Sales down, any insights?

sterling

My beach area locations have gone down dramatiacally in October and Novemeber. Makes since, I am now collecting sales for months beyond summer. This week I did some of my inland route. Sales are down about 25-30%. I am guessing that it may be due to the summer being over and due to the economic situtation, less customers in my locations.

Can anybody that has been running bulk routes for a few years tell me if fall and winter months typically yield lower sales? I'm in So. Cal bad weather is not a factor here.

Sterling,

What part of SoCal are you from? I have San Diego and sales have come down the last 2 months. Once the kids went back to school it slowed down. I believe that the economy has also had an affect on business everywhere. Less customers in accounts means less business in our machines. December will be good for me and I will have to see what January brings. I will be overlapping my own numbers so I can compare.

Gary

I'm a newbie with only four locations but I noticed a dramatic drop in one and lowered sales in two for the month of October. I've read elswhere on the boards about sales drops in fall due to kids being back in school, Halloween, the upcoming holidays, etc. And maybe the shaky economy is exacerbating this.

I'm in Sourthern California also (almost Central) so I don't think weather is a factor. My next collection is this week, so we'll see. I'll post my numbers in the Member's Section.

Barb

Gary I am in SD. I placed my first 16 machines in Dec of 07 so my Dec numbers won't compare since I have 60 locations now. Curious how yours do.

Kids going back to school, halloween and the economy were the factors I was figuring. I was/am optimistic that once a route is established the sales stay fairly constant.

Sterling:Location and traffic in the location (if any) are essential. Some drawdown is natural but then should level off. I think you will know pretty quickly whether you need to move to another location or just economic factors. Unfortunately pulling machines is part of this business. A pain in the rear but very important for success IMHO.

Jim