Vend-Track

shvend

I have finally took the plunge and signed up for the free trial with vend trak.  The software though is not for me. 

I placed 18 locations on the database off of one of my routes.   Well I got to looking for some stuff and I am either unable to find it or it is not there.  I only see one spot to enter a dollar amount on any of the sheets for locations. 

Keep accuarate records on this would be extreamly difficult due to needed mulitple placed to keep location dollar amounts of Gross, Net, and Commission paid. 

Now I may be wrong if I am please someone tell me.  It seems to be extreamly easy program to use. 

Thanks!

shvend,

I saw your post and wanted to take a second to see if I could address some of the issues/questions for you.

I placed 18 locations on the database off of one of my routes.   Well I got to looking for some stuff and I am either unable to find it or it is not there.  I only see one spot to enter a dollar amount on any of the sheets for locations.

Once you enter a location into Vend-Trak, you can start entering records associated with that location - notably, collections (services) and product usage (inventory).  Collections and product usage can be entered by clicking on "Services" from the main menu and selecting the location.  You can also select the location from the "Quick Service" module on the Overview Screen after you log in (this will take you directly to the screen where you can enter these records).

If you have many locations that you service at once, you can group them all into a single route (select Route from the main menu to get started).  Once the route is created, you can pring a "Route Service Sheet" (from the Reports Screen) to take with you when you service the route.  The collections and product usage can be written on this sheet for ease of entry into Vend-Trak later.  The "Quick Service" link on the Overview Page can be used to get to the entry screen for the route as well.

You mentioned that you were looking for "some stuff" after your location was entered.  If there are other things you are looking for, please let me know so that I (or another reader) can assist you.

Keep accuarate records on this would be extreamly difficult due to needed mulitple placed to keep location dollar amounts of Gross, Net, and Commission paid. 

Accurate records are one of the main reasons we created Vend-Trak.  All income (i.e. service collections) are associated with a specific location and then stored in your account.  This allows you to run income reports that show you how locations are doing (income by date range, monthly average, etc.).  Income reports would give you gross income by location (and a grand total for your business).

Expenses are associated with a category (such as "Commissions") and saved in your account.  This allows you to run reports that show how much expenses are being recorded by category.  In the current version of Vend-Trak, commission expenses are not associated with a single location (unless a note is made in the memo field when entering the expense); however, the ability to automatically associate an expense with a specific location is one that is currently being considered as a future enhancement for Vend-Trak.

There are other useful posts in the Vend-Trak Forum, with each sub-forum labled "Hints and Tips...."  We have posted for several different categories and several of our users have offered their advice and tips as well.

Jeremy, I appreciate you fast response, however at thist time until I am able to keep a location by location recored for all three of those dollar amounts. Vend Trak will not work for me. So there will be no need to extended the free trial for one month like you spoke of. Thanks,

Luke

Luke,

No problem. I hope you find something that suites your needs.

However, if you have suggestions on what would make Vend-Trak better (for you and our other users), I'd love to hear them. Just use the "Contact Us" link on the home page to send them in so we can track them with other suggestions we get from our customers.

Thanks!