New B in search of some product avice for my 1st route

asudevil

Hello all!! I have been watching some vending forums for a while and I have decided that I am going to try the vending business. I was given the oportunity to purchase 4 ultravend triple head machines, 2 of which are already on location at an American Legend that make about $30-40 per month. They are asking $250 for everything. Would this be a good deal to get my feet wet? I also have a friend that will sell me U-Turn 4 head machines for $60 each with many extra parts. Should I go with the Ultravend machines or U-Turn? Thanks for your time!!

Hey asudevil,

For starters, welcome to the forum!

I think that you will find that everyone has their own opinions on which machine is the best. Personally, both of those deals sound pretty good to me. You will quickly learn that starting off slowly will be your key to success in the vending business. Take myself for instance: I only have a couple of machines located (with 2 more soon to be located). Starting off small like this will definitely help you get your feet wet (as you said).

Also, you should feel free to poke around this site a bit. You will see that there are a bunch of different forums from this general one to reviews on machines and locators and even an off-the-topic "Break Room". Don't be afraid to ask questions, and best of all, good luck! :)

Welcome to a great forum. I am new into this business too, but i've got a few machines out and making money. So far so good.

As far as your question goes, I would grab those ultravend machines that are already placed and go from there. sounds like a healthy location and thats the name of the game. from there on in i would concentrate on investing in the types/brand machines that you intend to build your route with. you probably don't want to go buying up every random machine you get a deal on. you will end up with a mixed bag of machines with their own sets of problems. stick to the same types of machines and build the route only as fast as you can place the machines you have and afford to buy the next one.

using this type of strategy will allow you build at a comfortable rate while you get you feet wet. once you locate a couple machines you'll realize how simple it can be.

Welcome asudevil. I would say $30-40 a month is a little high if you ask me. I would say they probably do about $25 in reality. I think that I would pay no more than $200 for them. As for the Uturns, I don't have much experience with them, but for $60 thats not a bad price if they are in good working order.