How long to wait before calling back?

guile

Kind of a silly question, maybe not. In speaking with "coporate", I got the response "We'll get back to you shortly about additional locations". After about  8 days, I sent an email just to touch base, never received a response. I don't want to be pushy and I know a vendor is the LAST thing on anybodys mind (especially those in corporate) but what might be the best approach in a situation like this?

g

You're right, you don't want to be pushy, but you don't want them to forget about you as well.

How long has it been since you sent the email? If it's been a few days, I might try to call and leave a message if you have to. I think that for the most part the corporate people are sometimes too busy to reply to emails such as yours, but I think that most of them will understand your position as well.

g.

I wouldn't send any more e-mails. They are just going to start deleting every e-mail they see from your address. You need to stop by again once another week passes. Talk to the contact that you are sending the e-mails to, and tell him that you have been sending e-mails to him but think that he may not be getting them. That will be your second opportunity to discuss placements.

As long as they are talking to you, just keep going back again and again. Many corporate people are just seeing if you will give up. If you don't, they may make a  decision to approve your request. Or, they will tell you to get lost. That's when you say thank you and stop going back.

Gary