How much are you willing to pay for a machine?

I have had access to several different machines over the last 3 weeks and thought there might be potential there, but since in my opinion, I'm still a newbie,  The $1200 price tag for each machine scared me away.

I couldn't justify paying that much for a machine.   Plus, I still yet have to pay over $250 for a 8 vend bottle machine. 

I dunno if I am just being a cheap skate (putting it mildly) or what the deal is, but when a price tag goes over 200, I start worrying that, that type of investment will do me in if that machine doesn't take off and start making $$$ in a few days.

When I purchase machines, I want the machine to pay for itself within 30 days.  So if the machine has to avg, 5+ vends a day, everyday for a month,  I turn around and run from it.

I guess thats why I still yet have to go through a locator.  Because in my opinion, To make it worth while, in the first month, The machine would not only need to make enough profit to pay the $300 locator fee, but the machine would also need to make enough of a profit to pay for itself also.

I do not have any "inside" locations.  the locations I have are several machines side by side outside and open to the public.

Would I actually make more money per month by securing an actual business location?  I'm not counting my place across from the high school, but the other 2 places I have avg around 100 gross/wk.   Is that low?  Is that good?

Right now my profit is roughly 45%

I guess my question is,  Do you buy brand spankin new machines? or would you pay 200 for a 8 vend bottle machine that works well?

Sorry for darting everywhere throughout the post,  I just have so many things/ideas running through my head that they tend to just get all jumbled up.

I am new to full-line vending but, when I bought my first machine I first found the one I liked and then checked what it cost new. Once I knew that I had a better idea of its worth. I checked on the forums to see if it was a good brand and if I was paying a good price for a used machine. I found a great machine that costs $4,000 new for $2,000 used. It looked brand new. That included delivery to the location, set up and a walk through of how it worked.

The machine is working great. Easy to operate and has all the bells and whistles needed. His beverage machines are about $1,900 also for 9-12 select Gatorade machines.

My first location is doing about $35 per week avg. It's in a factory that has only 12-15 people in November and December and jumps up to +40 people in the new year. I think that $35 per week is good so your numbers are not bad at all.

I don't try to calculate number of vends, anymore. I did that when I started bulk vending over a year ago and realized very quickly that, that doesn't always tell you anything. If I was you I would look at the location and try to have the right products to meet the customers needs, keep the product fresh, service the location the best you can, and see what it can do. If it's open to the public, it will take time to see buying trends. Set your own business goals and see if you can hit them.

Gary

hmmmm. Where did you buy a 8 selection bottle machine for 200 $ ?  Either it is a very old machine or you bought it off the back of some truck off the jersey turnpike,lol. A refurbished bottle machine can be bought for on average 1000 $ give or take sometimes lower or even higher like 1500 $