Gold at $2000+ an once in two years?

guile

I have been a Gold (and Silver) bug for many years. I have tried to encourage anybody who would listen to buy the yellow (and silver) metal. I honestly think Gold will eventually roar through even $2k per ounce at some point in time, while Silver will close in on $100 per oz. Gold and Silver are real, USD (and/or most paper currencies) are fantasy. Based on all of the "Bailouts" and insane amounts of liquidity being injected into the system, the dollar will be decimated over the next several months/years. This is a scary time friends. You need to protect yourselves and your families. I never thought of these metal's as an investment but more as "insurance". The more I see on a daily basis, the more frightened I become. The system is broken and it's too late to fix.

We will soon see things in this country that will be hard to understand. We will see rapid inflation and then hyperinflation, ala Weimer.

Btw, I do NOT sell anything nor recommend any companies. I will say if you want to buy gold/silver, ONLY buy with money you have (not on margin) and do NOT buy paper at any/all costs!!

Only buy physical metal!! You can search on the net for reputable dealers. Try not to pay too much over spot price. Good luck finding metal as a LOT of the big dealers have none! Do NOT buy from TV infomercials and/or add's in the paper. They will sell you metal at HUGE premiums over spot price.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/3526645/Citigroup-says-gold-could-rise-above-2000-next-year-as-world-unravels.html

p.s. I also think about a 3 months supply of stored food would be wise at this point. You may never need/use it, but things are unraveling quickly.

g

I agree with the investment strategy of hard backed preciuos metals. I have a friend in Ca. who for the last 15 years has been investing in gold stocks and tanginbles. He's made a fortune in the last few years. I am not as optimistic as you are on the numbers but I do think silver (the poor mans gold) and gold will be a strong investment for several years to come. I can't afford gold these days. Sticking with silver. I am still trying to find a source for just $1 above spot.

I agree about the food also.

P.S. Here is a link for metal spot prices.....

http://www.kitco.com/market/

Guile, I am a numismatist as recently expanded into gold.  I'm a poor college student so I can't dump a lot, but like my vending route, I am expanding my collection slowly but surely.  I'm with you and pretty soon we will be back to precious metals and the barter system.

I agree with the investment strategy of hard backed preciuos metals. I have a friend in Ca. who for the last 15 years has been investing in gold stocks and tanginbles. He's made a fortune in the last few years. I am not as optimistic as you are on the numbers but I do think silver (the poor mans gold) and gold will be a strong investment for several years to come. I can't afford gold these days. Sticking with silver. I am still trying to find a source for just $1 above spot.

I agree about the food also.

P.S. Here is a link for metal spot prices.....

http://www.kitco.com/market/

I have been in Gold since $400 and Silver since about $5. I do not trade metals, period. I just continue to accumulate on dips (Silver has gotten CRUSHED in the past few months, there are MANY valid reasons for this, and it's not just deleveraging like everybody would like you to believe).

Honestly, I think Silver has even BETTER fundamentals then Gold!! The fact that is almost 1 10th the price affords one more leverage too:)

g

Guile, I am a numismatist as recently expanded into gold.  I'm a poor college student so I can't dump a lot, but like my vending route, I am expanding my collection slowly but surely.  I'm with you and pretty soon we will be back to precious metals and the barter system.

Numerist...that's not easy. I think in bad times, you will see how fast value evaporates from some of the numismatics. I was there once myself. I had coins worth $6k (95W, Silver Eagle) and was obbsessed with completing a collection. I gave up, sold and moved money into gold/silver. I have done quite well over the years (not bragging). Honestly, I would sacrifice my gains for things being more structually sound in the economy. I wouldn't mind being down if everybody else was doing better right now.

For me to capitalize the most, things have to be at their worst:( I am honestly afraid of what's to come. I know you have to pretty much live your life but it's damn scary! I think things are going to get out of control. While my friends have been calling me "chicken little" for years (I saw this coming years ago, equities, dollar/gold, depression). They have been pretty quiet these days.

g