Question for charity vendors

guile

It seems mostly charity vendors are getting into corp locations (mainly through locators). I know corp locations can be very good while you have them, which leads to my question. Are there any vendors here that have kept corp locations for an extended period of time?

Thanks in advance.

g

We had Sports Blasters in several Perkins restaurants for about a year. I don't know if that qualifies as "extended period." Eventually, yes, corporate gave us the steel toe. It was a sad day, those machines averaged around $250 a month gross.

We had Sports Blasters in several Perkins restaurants for about a year. I don't know if that qualifies as "extended period." Eventually, yes, corporate gave us the steel toe. It was a sad day, those machines averaged around $250 a month gross.

And those were all charity? If so, you had a NICE ride there.

No, they were 30% commission. Still a nice ride, though painful to give up.

Damn, that is painful. Did you negotiate with the GM of the particular Perkins to get in or did you have to get approval from corporate?

I would focus on employee breakrooms for corporate charity machines. I have some grocery stores, chain restaurants and large retail locations - all in the break room or kitchen for a number or years now. In those locations, the manager or GM can make the decision without calling on the corp office. Some locators have figured out which ones are friendly to us. However, each branch must be called on and each decision maker must be sold on the machine. So getting one Lowes breakroom doesn't necessarily mean that you will get all of the others. There is no guarantee they will stay in forever since any new replacment GM can have an attitude towards vending machines.

Jax