Net profit for combo machines?

Letsroll

Quick note, I am still researching the numbers and trying to get into the vending industry.  I introduced myself in the new member forum and would love to hear all the numbers from you full line vendors that deal with combo machines.  I am thinking of buying 5-10 combo machines, using Rob at Kickstart as a locator, and hopefully reinvesting all the profit for expansion if profitable.

Would any of you be willing to clue me in on some net profits, whether it be per month or year? 

I did find another thread for net profits but it was referring to the bulk side.  So, I would love any of your info if you are willing to share.

Thanks for your time.....:)

Letsroll,

Once you get 20 posts in you can request access to member PLUS. There is a section there entitled "Revenue Reports" where vendors can report their revenues for others to view and compare.

However, to hold you over until then I will give you a small bit of info about the combo machine I have out.

It is averaging $112.00 per month gross and 37% COGs. It is located in a blue collar location with 15 employees. (Only 2 of which are present for 8 or more hours a day. The rest come and go throughout the day and night) Not a Prime location so I feel it's performing admirably given the circumstances.

Hope this helps. Be sure to request access to PLUS when you can for much more information.

Steve

Thanks for sharing that with me Caserri.....

I will looking forward to getting to 20 posts.  I won't ask anymore questions like that until I get to the required posts to access that info.  I hope I didn't step on any toes in the process.

Letsroll, you aren't stepping on toes :)

I think Steve was just saying that once you get 20 posts you'll have access to better answers.

Unfortunately the answer to your question isn't simple. It all depends on where you have the machines.

I have a single combo machine and would love to have Steve's $112/mo - I only make about $48/mo on it. It was my first full line machine I bought and it is in a bank with only about 7-8 employees. Terrible, terrible, terrible location.

I've learned now :)

So, like with bulk, location is key. For our other full line machines we make $400/mo on some and $25/mo on others. Again, location is the key.

I can give you some general info...

1) If possible, buy the machines used.

2) Steve's COG of 37% is very good. I think ours is 40-45%. However, note that *net* profits will be less than that. For example, where we live you pay local taxes of 2-3% depending on the city on all goods + sales tax on the soda. You also have gas and the cost of maintenance/upkeep. Factoring all of that in, our costs are actually 50-55% of our gross. So for every $100 we'll keep $45-$50.

3) Whoever you use to locate, make sure they will guarentee a minimum monthly gross and relocate *all* machines that do not meet this for free.

4) Read the reviews for locators and talk to each of them before using one. You'll plunk down a lot of cash to locate this many full line machines. Perhaps use multiple locators, or only place 2-3 at first to make sure whoever you pick you are happy with.

5) Make sure your locations are near your house. If a bulk machine isn't working, it isn't a big deal if it sits for 1-2 days before you fix it. But people want full line machines fixed immediately.

6) I am unsure if you are buying electrical (larger) or mechanical (smaller) machines. However, you'll want to size your machines appropriately for your location. If you have a factory with 100 workers, a small mechanical combo won't cut it.

7) If you can buy used, consider getting separate soda and snack machines. This gives you some flexibility. For example, a location might have a contract with Coke/Pepsi and won't take another soda machines - but they will take a snack machine.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck!

Kevin

Like Kevin said, Location, location, location!

I don't have any combo machines. Right now I am just into soda. I don't have any "locations" I have two spots that are outdoors and obviously open to the public. One is across the street from the local high school. I have 3 can and 3 bottle machines. Coke, Pepsi, and RC.

My Pepsi machines are the biggest seller. (Mt. Dew) but over all with my 3 can machines, I am averaging about $63.00/month after COGs

For my 3 bottle machines I am pulling around $375.00/month after COGs

I would really have to sit down and calculate it all to get individual incomes. I shove all the quarters in one bag and the bills from all the machines in another. I guess I should keep them separated.

However, I can tell you this much though, If I don't fill the MT. Dew every day, I have kids calling me.

I also know that I could probably get away with only filling the RC machine every two weeks.

I have seriously thought about putting red bull in, but don't want to be stuck with all the product if it doesn't sell.

This thread is really shining some light on alot of questions i've had brewing about full line. There is still ALOT that I need to kearn but everyday it seems to pan out a little more. As for the red bull this is just my opinion but you would probably have better luck with monster in the current market ( this is just from a consumer only standpoint since I dont have any machines working for me). Im more proned to buying monster because to me it works better and there is always the mental thing of more for my money. On the vendor side of the house its alot cheaper to get a case of monster than a case of redbull, that being said if it were me id go with monster for those reasons.