Why I think honor box vending is the best type of vending.

BradMillner46

I've been in charity honor box vending for many years now as well as done bulk and full-line. I've also been a professional locator as well as always done my own locating. I have never seen anything more profitable, for the amount of work you have to put in for this business. I think charity honor box vending is best for the following reasons

1. It's extremely easy to locate new accounts with this compared to trying to locate full-line machines or bulk candy machines. I find it very easy to locate at least 30 new accounts every day with charity vending and most of these accounts will still be around after several years!
  2. I think when it comes to vending any type of candy out of machine, there's always psychological barrier that stands in the way of the consumer buying that candy versus if that candy is right there in front of you. Candy is an impulse item and if you lessen the impulse by putting the candy behind a locked, closed container, that keeps people from buying as much. I've watched this happen many, many times with my boxes right next to a bulk candy or full-line snack machine and seen how much quicker the candy in my box will sell versus the candy inside of the machines.
  3. Losing accounts is part of any type of vending business and when you lose an account, how much easier is it to go and pickup a box that weighs no more than about 5 pounds, drive down the street another block and find a new home for it versus trying to do that with a full-line snack machine that weighs several hundred pounds?  

• 7 months later...

Hi Honorboxcoach,

Can you give me advice if the whole mint box business would work without charity? or putting up a small sign only? I think it looks like people are donating to charity and it just doesn't sit well with me. Thanks for your answer!

Archived