$135 a month off a single head!

caserri

WOW! Ok not really.

I decided to keep one of those Oak machines that I recently received because I needed one for a location quickly. I really felt unsure about placing the machine with the problems I had with it but I figured I would swap it out when I could. The machine was on site for exactly 1 day when I got a call from the location saying it was jammed. "Dammit" I thought. I should have waited until I had a dependable machine to place. Oh well, when I went out to fix the machine, I took the globe off and pulled the mech off. There were 2 soda pop can tabs jammed inside the mech! I had to dis-assemble the entire mech just to get these things out. I really can't blame the machine for this as these tabs would've shut down even the best quality machine. While I was there I looked down into the coin box to see if there were at least some quarters in there. There was $4.50 in there! After only 1 day!

Wouldn't it be nice to get that everyday?

Steve 

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has stuff jammed in my mechanisms.  The chinese restaurant that is one of my best locations is always getting stuff jammed in it, usually toothpicks.  The last time we ate there, it was not time to service the machine, and as we were leaving there was a boy, about 9yo on top of a chair trying to pry the top off the machine.  I figured he is the one that stuffs stuff down in it.......so I went out to my car and got a quarter and went back in....he was pretty startled when I opened the door and caught him again......I asked him if he would like a quarter to get a bouncy ball and he said, yes thanks....I gave it to him, and he smiled....then I said.....I own that machine and you should not mess with it.....he said ok....dont know if it did any good or not.

What kinda of issues are you having with your Oak. To date, I've had 3 Oak mechs jam.

1) Cardboard home made slug.

2 & 3) Were straws. At first I had an LYPC machine in the location and somone put a straw in and the machine free vended the globe. That stopped when I put in an Oak w/ a slip clutch but the machine was jamed almost the full service cycle.

caserri wrote:

WOW! Ok not really.

I decided to keep one of those Oak machines that I recently received because I needed one for a location quickly. I really felt unsure about placing the machine with the problems I had with it but I figured I would swap it out when I could. The machine was on site for exactly 1 day when I got a call from the location saying it was jammed. "Dammit" I thought. I should have waited until I had a dependable machine to place. Oh well, when I went out to fix the machine, I took the globe off and pulled the mech off. There were 2 soda pop can tabs jammed inside the mech! I had to dis-assemble the entire mech just to get these things out. I really can't blame the machine for this as these tabs would've shut down even the best quality machine. While I was there I looked down into the coin box to see if there were at least some quarters in there. There was $4.50 in there! After only 1 day!

Wouldn't it be nice to get that everyday?

Steve 

Here is a copy and paste of my experience from elsewhere on the forum...

Their machines came to me "unfinished" None of the seams were filed. There was a lot of flash left on the lid and on the body. The paint had runs and the mechs were "crunchy" I don't know how else to explain it other than "crunchy" When you put a quarter in and turn its very sloppy. It feels like there are metal shavings or something in there. I would say also that the mechs jam more often than they should. With the exception of a random bent coin, my Seagas do not jam.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are fine machines and I probably just got a bad batch but the experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have called Oak and am in the process of a return. I have never had this problem with any of my Seaga's I do however want to upgrade my fleet to an even higher quality machine so the search continues.

Steve

I will not say that Oak hasn't had issues. However 100% of the issues I've had, they've made right.

Call them and tell them the issues.

As for the con mech, I've had some that they forgot to grease. It's easy to fix.

caserri wrote:

Here is a copy and paste of my experience from elsewhere on the forum...

Their machines came to me "unfinished" None of the seams were filed. There was a lot of flash left on the lid and on the body. The paint had runs and the mechs were "crunchy" I don't know how else to explain it other than "crunchy" When you put a quarter in and turn its very sloppy. It feels like there are metal shavings or something in there. I would say also that the mechs jam more often than they should. With the exception of a random bent coin, my Seagas do not jam.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are fine machines and I probably just got a bad batch but the experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have called Oak and am in the process of a return. I have never had this problem with any of my Seaga's I do however want to upgrade my fleet to an even higher quality machine so the search continues.

Steve