Growth Rates

philo

For those of you who currently run more than 50 locations (not number of heads but individual locations) how quickly did you get your numbers up? Did you start small and steadily add  locations or did you purchase a large block at once and locate? Or did you buy an existing route and add that to what you had? I'm trying to evaluate ramp up rates to decide on a course of action- slow steady addition or nuclear explosion.

Regards,

Philo

I would like to see some ansers to that also.  philo wrote:

For those of you who currently run more than 50 locations (not number of heads but individual locations) how quickly did you get your numbers up? Did you start small and steadily add  locations or did you purchase a large block at once and locate? Or did you buy an existing route and add that to what you had? I'm trying to evaluate ramp up rates to decide on a course of action- slow steady addition or nuclear explosion.

Regards,

Philo

Philo,

My ramp up was slow and steady. I started with 1 double head, bought off eBay, then threw every penny of profit into an account that I used to purchase more machines.

Member KPower has submitted an interesting growth calculating spreadsheet that is available in the tools section of member PLUS  that illustrates the growth potential of a couple different approaches.

Steve 

Steve:

It wasn't the growth of profits that concerned me, but other factors. It's easy to locate 10 a month, 50 is a handful. Plus product, build and test time, etc. When you turned full time, after that first 18 months or so- how quickly did you move to 600? Was it over the course of several years or did you order 100 machines and hire a locator?

I have decided to ramp up at about 10 every 6-8 weeks.

Regards,

Philo