A tale of 2 worlds?

BradMillner46

In being a strong advocate for the Resource Based Economy (as discussed by The Venus Project and The Zeitgeist Movement) I'm starting to come around to learning some very important things.....

First off, I'll admit that I have been guilty of attacking the other side (those who advocate for the monetary market system) though in all fairness, our side gets attacked from them also. I've not only had debates on this forum but many more debates in the regular world about this.

Instead of having the urge to debate, I'm starting to have much more of an urge to see the other sides point of view and find the virtues of what they stand for. After thinking about it, the greatest virtue I have found for those who advocate for the Free Market Monetary System is freedom. Freedom to not have armed authority figures telling you what to do, especially when what you are doing is not hurting anyone. Our country and democracy was founded upon that principle and it has stood throughout history as a divine thing. The more I think about it the more I realize that this must also be the foundation of a Resource Based Economy as well.  

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion of what the hell would be wrong with having 2 systems co-existing peacefully side by side? You could choose whatever system you wanted to live in and move freely between the 2 anytime you wanted without anyone telling you what to do. Imagine being able to try your hand in business if you wanted or live in a more communal based culture if that's what you chose and you could move back and forth any time you wanted. I can't imagine a more ideal type of world and it's really starting to seem to me that instead of attacking each other, we should be starting to question why we can't have something like this. I think beyond the differences of our own idealistic views of the way we think society should be, we have a lot more in common than we realize. That commonality begins with freedom, like our Founding Fathers stood for and died for and I think we can all agree on that.

I've decided that from now on, I'm not gonna knock the other sides ideas any more. First off I know that what we live in now is most certainly not a representation of a  Democracy as sure as I know that the Soviet Union was certainly not a representation of the Resource Based Economy. I also don't know what it would be like to live in a real Democracy (as none of us living in this country right now know what that would be like either.) I might even find that I like it better than living in a Resource Based Economy, so I'm not going to knock what I haven't yet experienced.

Archived