Loonie Machine

grumpy

I'm taking my own advise and posting on the one machine that I own and placed for 1 month.

The loonie machine is made by u-turn, it is eight compartment and is the same as the u-turn eliminator. It holds about 4lbs of candy per compartment. The body is stamped or formed sheet metal. Coin catchers are plastic and are aligned by a hole in bottom. Coin mechs chutes and doors are plastic. The cost of a new loonie machine is $990.00 offered by http://www.loonievend.com (biz-op) This machine requires you to really pay attention to posistioning of the candy wheel during service or it can be emptied for free real easy. It is a pain to service, you remove the top, then four canisters then the top body and four more canisters, Coins not in the cup have to be picked up off the smooth bottom of the body. (would be easier if I had nails)

Enough for now! Oh after 34 days I paid for this machine as I had bought it used for $200.00

Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing with your machines?  Sounds like the one you have placed is doing very well -- have you been able to place any more?  Would you recommend the 8-selection machines?  I am assuming that most locations would be more conducive to 4 selections or less, but the 8 could be very eye-catching if you have the traffic.  Any thought you have on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm doing very well with the one machine, and yes it has paid for itself in 35 days with the existing candy. (bought used $220.00 ea, too expensive new $990.00 ea) Lets also remember that these are $1.00 vend so sales add up quickly.

No I have not placed the others yet because I was waiting for candy, (have to be worth a buck) just recieved my order and I do have other locations to place 1 or 2 others.

I would go with others advice and stay away from multi-compartment machines and use single head double head or triple head globes if the location warrant it.

In fact again I'm taking my own advice and I'm closing on a purchace of a 192 head route (beaver) next week.

search the forum for all the reasons why single heads are better than multi-head machines, I'm sure Casseri could point you in the right direction.

Grumpy

Thanks for the response.  I have bought a few 4 selection UTurns and a couple of 8 selection Eliminators (I was able to get them all in practically new condition for under $100 each and couldn't pass up the price). 

I figured the main downside would be the candy potentially going stale.  However, I purchased some wrap-around labels for the canisters.  The machines look full even if they are only 1/2-3/4 -- so I won't have to fill them all the way if they are not selling fast enough.  Hopefully this will help avoid that problem. 

The machines look so nice that I thought I would give them a shot given the price.  We'll see...

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve,

There is a post under the tips/and tricks that suggest using a waiter portable tray holder. (I'm sure thats the technical name ;))

Servicing the u-turn is a pain, you need somewhere to put the containers while you dig out the money. Eight containers take up alot of room and the mech body too.

Grumpy