Greetings, from Arton Vending, Bronx NYC

ARTON VENDING

Hi one and all, Been vending for about 2 years  now,   and it's been fun and very profitable.   Currently have 44 triple heads and 2 soda/combo machines located.  I try to place a machine once a week and this next two weeks 2 machines are going out on locations,   Been reading and learning from this site for the last month and you guys are great,  full of info and insight  I thank you.   My best selling item is Nerds gumballs, and then skittles..  I started with 20 machines  and  just rolled over my profits and now just get a few machines every month   or so to keep things going.  I would like to learn as much as I can  due to the fact that in this bussiness you can't never learn enough...I learn something everyday...   I haven't used a locator.  Done my placement by my self,  learning, falling on my face and learning as I go  and getting up and shaking myself off and thanks to the man upstairs been able to place 44 Machines and also 2 soda/combo machines,   Can't say  it's been easy,  No way.  Spent many a nights wondering if this venture would pay off   but  by watching, asking alot of questions  and  "Just winging it" and let's see what happens   been moving up the ladder.... Hopefully  in 5 years  or so my goal is to have a route of about 250 Machines  in quality locations.   Thats a goal  that is abtainable and easy for me to reach,  and also service,   I would like to thank you guys for your insight and your wealth of knowledge, I have taken a few pointers on a few topics and already started to incorporate them  on my route.  Hopefully  in the near future I would be able to help a fellow vendor with ideas, and some of my expriences.  Thanks Again   Tony   from ARTON VENDING.  BX NYC......

Tony,

Welcome to the boards! It is great to have you here. It is always good to get operators with experience aboard to share ideas and insight. I'm sure you will be an asset to the community.

Let me ask, You mentioned you've been here reading for a month. What prompted you to actually join the forum? I ask because we do get a ton of visitors each day who spend a significant amount of time onsite reading the back posts. I would like to encourage those people to join as well. It is a quick and easy way to support the community. I was just wondering what prompted your action so maybe I can better understand how to turn "readers" into "members"

Thanks again!

Steve 

Great post Tony!  Welcome aboard.  I was born and raised in Mount Vernon.  Live in Long Beach, LI now.ARTON VENDING wrote:

Hi one and all, Been vending for about 2 years  now,   and it's been fun and very profitable.   Currently have 44 triple heads and 2 soda/combo machines located.  I try to place a machine once a week and this next two weeks 2 machines are going out on locations,   Been reading and learning from this site for the last month and you guys are great,  full of info and insight  I thank you.   My best selling item is Nerds gumballs, and then skittles..  I started with 20 machines  and  just rolled over my profits and now just get a few machines every month   or so to keep things going.  I would like to learn as much as I can  due to the fact that in this bussiness you can't never learn enough...I learn something everyday...   I haven't used a locator.  Done my placement by my self,  learning, falling on my face and learning as I go  and getting up and shaking myself off and thanks to the man upstairs been able to place 44 Machines and also 2 soda/combo machines,   Can't say  it's been easy,  No way.  Spent many a nights wondering if this venture would pay off   but  by watching, asking alot of questions  and  "Just winging it" and let's see what happens   been moving up the ladder.... Hopefully  in 5 years  or so my goal is to have a route of about 250 Machines  in quality locations.   Thats a goal  that is abtainable and easy for me to reach,  and also service,   I would like to thank you guys for your insight and your wealth of knowledge, I have taken a few pointers on a few topics and already started to incorporate them  on my route.  Hopefully  in the near future I would be able to help a fellow vendor with ideas, and some of my expriences.  Thanks Again   Tony   from ARTON VENDING.  BX NYC......

Reply to your question.... Why take a while to log on....  is due my very heavy workload,  my home life, cause if I don't spend some quality time with the boss, She'll throw me out.....and of course looking for new locations,  Servicing my machines, and all that   I really don't have alot of time on my hands at the very moment,  So  I just read the comments and take a few notes.   Keep up the good work and  Again Thanks for having me ,     Tony  Arton Vending.