Who is using charity Vending Outreach programs?

Blueroxie

We have around 850 machines with "Foundation for the Blind" as the Sponsor, and 300 with the "Children's Cancer Society".

I don't handle this part of our business, but I understand we donate $1 per machine per month to the charity regardless of income or expenses. This doesn't seem like much, but it's a decent size monthly expense. I also understand the charity considers it a major benefit to have their Name/Logo on our machines. Can you say Free Advertising.

My personal plan is to purchase and locate enough machines to provide a base income for My wife and I in some small towns in a part of the state where I want to retire.

Has anyone approached a local charity to create an outreach program?   If so what were the results?

Any Ideas on how an agreement might work other than a flat monthly donation?   Could it be reasonably tied to net income so not to be a drain getting started?

Who thinks a local charity would be more beneficial than a national organization?  If so could a larger donation be justified?

Who has machines on location with no charity sponsor?  How Many?  Are they harder to locate?

I'm not using a charity with a vending outreach program, just a charity that provides me with stickers that I can put on the machine.  Between myself and this charity, there is no set amount to donate each month and I write a check once every two months.  They are grateful for the donations and it also helps that they are flexible with payments in months that I don't do so well.

It's a National charity with various offices.  I support my local one with about 25 machines.  I have no problems locating the machines, I even feel that some people feel more connected and willing to place the machine if you mention the charity is local.  Especially individually owned businesses.  Plus, I'm proud to sponsor the charity and feel attachment to it.  When you believe in something, it makes it all the easier to endorse it as well.