Orlando, FL

BudLeiser

26 years old, recently became addicted to business/financial audio books. Was listening to them for almost 10 hours a day (driving and while at work). Thanks to them I was able to rearrange my spending habits and invest 20% of each paycheck. Now looking to get enough vending locations to keep me busy 1 full day a week, and hopefully I can gradually leave fulltime slavery so I can make real money with other business ventures.

I highly recommend the entire rich dad series.

Anyone know of a vending charity for libraries? That's a charity I could stand behind 100%.

Hi,

You could always approach one of your local libraries and try to get them behind it.....or perhaps a national reading program of some sort.  Aside from that though congratulations on starting your vending business.  It is an interesting pursuit! It can be very rewarding however like any other business takes work and planning to get off the ground. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Welcome aboard!

Hello BudLeiser:

I´m 25 years old, I´m mexican,  and I started my vending business thanks to one of the books I read of Robert Kiyosaki  "Rich dad, poor dad". It changed my mind absolutelly. I´m studying a master in Educational Technology, because I´m a teacher. But now I know that to get my financial freedom, I need to get first financial intelligence. Vendiscuss is a good place to be introduced in the vending business.

By the moment I have only read "Rich dad, poor dad", "Cashflow quadrant", and "Why we want you to be rich". What other books would you recommend I read? Do you have some links you would like to share?

My friend, be welcome to this community, and learn as much as you can. You´ll enjoy to see how you become the owner of your own business.

Abdón

Thanks Kai:

I will see if they are in the mexican book shops. Both were written by Thomas J. Stanley. Maybe the difference between Stanley and Kiyosaki, is that, as you say Stanley focuses his attention in the saving habits, and Kiyosaky in the investing habits.

I´m sure I will enjoy to read these books.

Abdon,

You should check out the millionaire next door, and the millionaire mind. I forget the author but they are both great books on lifestyle and spending patterns/savings habits.

Those are good books, but they also go against the kiyosakian/trump style. But they aren;t as bad as Suze Orman. I avoid her books.

The Richest Man in Babylon

Other than that I really have focused on Kiyosaki/Rich Dad Poor Dad and Trump books. I'm waiting on a Warren Buffet book to arrive. If you have only read 3 books from Rich Dad Poor Dad then you still have plenty to go. We have a great library system here in Orlando and I was able to get most of the series, shipped to my door. Found a couple they didn't have at another nearby library county.

If you want some eye opening non-investment books definately read: Confessions of an Economic Hitman and The Lexus and the Olive Tree. Warning: May change your entire view on the world.

If you want entertainment read: Confessions of a video vixen, and The Lost Diary of Don Juan (Might be my favorite non-investment book).

Welcome to the forum my friend! For just joining I see you are already off and running. When we talked of the used machines I hadn't noticed you had just joined us here. Great to have you and hopefully I might be able to help you from time to time with finding another machine for your business. As you've already discovered I post alot of ads for Craigslist and Ebay here in the forum so please continue reading them and growing your business.

nam