How many to start with?

lexingtoncv

Welcome to the forum. Vending could be an excellent way to make some extra money and enable you to work when you choose to work.

Just think of this as Vending 101.

My suggestion would be to do a little research here in the forum before you buy any machines. When you feel your ready to jump in, then  begin reading the ads in craigslist and ebay for your area. I prefer craigslist because you can see the machines before you pay for them. Also allows you to work a deal easier with the seller and you get the machines immediately with no shipping charges. You should start with a smaller number of machines depending on your funds and what is available to buy at a good price. If you'd like to start with 10 machines and can only find a good deal on 3 then just buy those and wait until another deal comes along to buy the rest. I don't recommend buying new or any machine you aren't confident you can get your money back out of if you decide vending isn't for you.

Good luck in your new business venture and please check out our own Shop and Swap section with machines for sale here in the forum.

nam

Aaron,

Figuring that the average machine (1 single head) makes 7.00 per month. Figure how much you want to earn per month then divide that by 7. The figure you arrive at is howmany machines you need. Now think about how much you have to invest........once you determine how much you have to invest simply plan how long it will take you to arrive at your goal and get started. Also don't forget two very big expenses associated with vending. Figure that each head will cost 12-15 dollars to stock initially. Also if you can't find locations for the machines yourself you will need to pay someone else to do it for you which can run anywhere from 30-60 dollars per machine.  Good luck. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have as there are a number of very knowledgeable people here. Look around the site there's a lot of stuff here.

Welcome to the forum, I don't think anyone can make this decision other than you. It depends how hard you are willing to work. I started with just 2, got a great deal on Craigslist. I would suggest start small and grow as the quarter start rolling in. I would suggest doing a lot of research and write a business plan.