hello

chris in md

Hello, everyone.  I just wanted to introduce myself and quit lurking on the boards here.  I've been reading posts now for about a week or so and have found the information on here to be fantastic.  Like another new member recently said, I've found forums to be some of the best sources for information anywhere on the net, and this seems to be a great one.

I started out thinking I wanted to get into full-line vending, but have since made a course adjustment and set my heading on bulk machines.  Seems to be the way to go b/c of the lower-cost entry point and the ability to grow the business at a pace that won't use up my working capital too quickly.

I was initially drawn to the triple-head Vendstar machines (don't shoot me, please), but after reading a bunch of reviews, I've pretty much decided Northwestern machines are the way to go for me.  I'm mainly thinking of using Northwestern Super 60 doubles to start with and go from there.  I've been scouring Craigslist, eBay, and the postings here on the boards, so if anyone sees any deals in the MD/VA/DC area, lemme know about 'em! :)

I'd also like to publicly thank Nam for welcoming me to the boards via PM.  You all have a great group here, and I hope to be able to learn and contribute in the weeks, months, and hopefully years to come.

- chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum! You're off to a great start by just researching everything you can before diving in, and this forum is one of the very best sources for your research.

Any questions you have just ask away and someone will help soon (I've been surprised how fast some of my questions were answered.)

I'm down in the Richmond area so any deals you find in the future that you decide to pass on I may be interested (although the DC area is a little far for me right now.)

Scott