New and eager!

Amall23

Hello all!  I am a frequent browser of franchises and small home business and have been for a couple years now.  My "Oh duh!" moment came when I realized I could buy a small bulk candy machine for less than the couple hundred dollars the big name franchisers want.

Am currently planning on buying just one 2-3 head candy machine and getting a sole proprietorship set up.  I'm about an hour SW of Chicago, IL and eager to start!  I just love bidding on ebay...

Any advice on number of heads or stock would be appreciated. :)

BTW...Kudos to the admins for being the first forum I've seen to allow multimedia in posts....that's nice.

@BruceRehm, I have been browsing those sites more than talking to my wife lately... Its such a great hobby!

@Kelly, Thanks for the advice! I was thinking 1 head of gum, 1 head of candy, and 1 head of nuts. In retrospect I suppose that would end up with a lot of waste! The price difference between a 2 and 3 head machine seems so little that its worth it.

@T Bird Johnny, Thanks mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Amall, Their is a wealth of knowledge here. If I were to start over again I would have purchased single or double head machines and not triples. Starting out you will have less candy to buy and less spoilage. You will find that many locations cant really support a 3 head,but if you find a location that runs thru your candy you may want to try upgrading to a rack instead of a triple. Just my 2 cents.Good Luck and ask all the questions you want.

Does this hold true if you can buy the triples (xyz, vend, 1800) for less than doubles (Nw, oak, beaver)?