quarter handling

Vendingguy

Alright, this may sound like a silly question, but I have been wondering what the normal, or preferred practices are when it comes to handling quarters.

1.  When a machine is serviced, does the operator just place the quarters in a money bag, and continue to fill the bag up with each location, or do they have multiple bags that separates them from each location.

2.  Once the money is home ( or at the office) do you sort the money and go ahead and roll it up so it can be turned in at the bank, or do you bring all the quarters in to the bank and let them sort through them with their high tech money counters......

3.  If you have triple vends, or any machine with multiple kinds of candy, do you sepate the profits from each unit to see exactly what is most profitable month to month, or do you base everything off of per location.

Thats about it

Alright, this may sound like a silly question, but I have been wondering what the normal, or preferred practices are when it comes to handling quarters.

1.  When a machine is serviced, does the operator just place the quarters in a money bag, and continue to fill the bag up with each location, or do they have multiple bags that separates them from each location.

2.  Once the money is home ( or at the office) do you sort the money and go ahead and roll it up so it can be turned in at the bank, or do you bring all the quarters in to the bank and let them sort through them with their high tech money counters......

3.  If you have triple vends, or any machine with multiple kinds of candy, do you sepate the profits from each unit to see exactly what is most profitable month to month, or do you base everything off of per location.

Thats about it

1- I use one bag per location, they are numbered and noted on route sheet.

2- I sort and bag in $500 and take to bank.

3- I dont, I note how full and ref. to last service so I know approx how much has sold down.

Jimbo