" Craigslist & Ebay Deal Posting Contest"

nam

We have a new contest about to begin.  The purpose is to see who can help their fellow members find the most deals on vending machines and equipment during the coming month.  The contest will begin on Friday May 15th '09 and run through Sunday June 14th '09.  The contest will have prizes for 1st and 2nd place winners.  This is a little different contest in that the real winners will be the members that can buy some of these great deals posted and the great feeling it gives the person that posted it!

Brand Vending Products (http://www.brandvendingproducts.com  1-800-967-3048) has agreed to provide their top selling "Zoo Mania and Sea Mania" as a prizes for the winners.  Brand will donate 2 bags of the 1" capsules with either product of the winners choice. 

We will also have 2 boxes of stickers or tattoos, of the winners choice, that I have donated from a previous contest I won.  Instead of selecting the boxes I wanted Steve said I could donate them to this contest so you can choose the ones you want.  Beer has the info on ordering these.

The first place winner of the contest will get to choose what he wants, either the Zoo Mania/Sea Mania or the Sticker/Tattoos.  The second place winner gets the remaining prize.

Rules of the Contest for Posting

1.  City and State must be posted in the header.  Abbreviations are great.

2.  Posts must contain (not just the link) a picture of the equipment listed.

3.  The post must have  a brief description of what is being posted in the header.  In other words please tell us what is for sale ie "6 Seaga Triple Heads" not "vending machine".

4.  The post can be for bulk vending machines, and related parts or equipment.  So yes, stands, mechs, locks, racks and so forth are all included as well.

5.  The post must be what a reasonable person would assume is at least a fair price.  (Is Steve a reasonable person?)  lol  Not all posts have to be the deal of a lifetime.  Just reasonable. 

It would be impossible to come up with rules to cover each and every situation we might encounter reading these ads.  Hopefully everyone can use some common sense and not abuse the good intentions of the contest which is where our "guy with the tie" has ultimate authority.  In other words, a seller has 20 locks for sale on ebay and each one is a different ad and you post all 20 ads then Steve has the authority to say no way Jose.  :shock:

NAM will not take part in this contest!  :(

Question-with so many people posting ads,what happens when the same product is listed by multiple members?Do we all get credit or is only one members ad posted and credited?How am I supposed to know what everyone else is posting and why would his ad be selected(and posted)and the rest not credited?

Question-with so many people posting ads,what happens when the same product is listed by multiple members?Do we all get credit or is only one members ad posted and credited?How am I supposed to know what everyone else is posting and why would his ad be selected(and posted)and the rest not credited?

seems like we could say that the first one to post the ad gets the credit.  a quick scan of the posts should be able to turn up an ad that's already been posted if it has the proper city / state info in the header.

Chris,

The time is posted at the top of every post we make here in the forum. We will use that as the guide. The contest will start the first minute of the first day and end on the last minute of the last day.

nam

Islander,

You have a good point and it comes up for me on a regular basis. I often read so many ads - far more than I ever post - and can't remember which ads I've posted myself. When other people begin to post it gets even harder. I have done and would recommend doing the same thing Chris has suggested. Do a quick scroll though the ads and just try to remember as best you can the towns and a bit about the ad. It won't be 100% but will really help in preventing the problem.

Now as far as actual double posts the first post with the ad is the one getting credit for it. We could even have more than that of the same exact ad. If we have members very close and have to we will look for double posts and subtract them from the total if necessary. We are talking exact ads not new ads for the same machines at a lowered price. Often someone may put an ad on craigslist for a machine at $150 and two weeks later they make another ad identical but with the price lowered to $100. That is a new ad and different ad and would count.

I hope we can keep this simple and sure if there is any issue over the number of posts or posts that shouldn't count, Steve will be fair in his decision.

nam

Rustinm,

You can vend the Zoo Mania and Sea Mania out of your Vendstars using the gumball wheel.

A sticker/tattoo machine would be cool too. At least they won't melt in the summer heat. lol

nam

• 5 weeks later...

Well,  I doubt this will come as a suprise to anyone but Steve has given me the winners this morning for the contest and 1st place goes to Chris and second place goes to Vendnoob.

Great job guys!  You guys have no doubt given several of your fellow forum members some great deals that got scooped up during this last month. 

Thanks for all your effort in posting these ads all month.  We really appreciate your time and the prizes are well deserved guys.

nam