1stclass placements, Kickstart Locations, DKlocating, Midwest

BudLeiser

I bought my machines approx a month ago. I tried a couple times to locate them myself, and hated it. So I found a list of locators and wrote a general email to each of them most did not reply, and I believe are now out of business. The 3 that did reply had similar rate of approx $50 per machine. Having only 5 machines I decided to give each company one machine each.

Initial impressions:

1stclassplacements: Sounds like a salesman, I should know I sold cars for 2 years. I thought this would be a good thing and signed up.

DKLocators: Solid straight shooter, which is what I like. I was really looking forward to his results because he doesn't just get a yes and collect $50, he qualifies first.

Kickstart Locations aka Rob Patterson: I've read most of his 2 year blog, I liked him before I talked to him, and he was friendly in email.

Less than a month later:

1stclassplacements: Told me he had my location and collected $25. Once I got the info I called to setup an appointment. Without any questioning the owner started to explain what a bad location it was for a candy machine, only he and his son (adult son) worked there doing approx 1-4 projects per year for the state. No employees no foot traffic. I emailed my rejection and complaint, and got a non-apologic reply chiding me judging a location before trying it. I chided him back, and he gave a nasty reply. My $25 is still in limbo, I haven't asked for a refund as he should still be in the process of finding me a location. That was April 17th so we'll see.

DKLocators: Part of my email listed my caveat that I am just starting and still working a full time job, and a preffered area I would like my route. The location found turned out to be impossible for me to service being open approx the same hours I work. I still think Don is a good guy and a straight shooter but locating is just a small part of his telecommunications business. So he canceled my order. listing my restrictions as just cause. I haven't paid him anything so nothing gained and nothing lost. If I go fulltime I will try him again.

Kickstart Locations: A few days after I rejected 1stclasses sub-optimal location Kickstart emailed with the same one! Not a good start, I informed him that I was already offered this location and he politely said something like "no problem thanks for letting me know ill get you another one". This week he emailed me a location that is just perfect! A pizza joint near my home, near a school! And Rob has been delightful the entire time, before, during and after the transactions.

it's not my intention to fully endorse or slam anyone. Just relating my own actual  experiences. Companies/salesman can be hit or miss at times, we're all human and we all deserve our chances. At the same time though, be smart with your money, and go slow with people who have low feedback.

I will be trying Midwest Locators soon so check back for updates.