Need expert opinion on selling my route

leo7068

Bud, that would work for me and you - and I'm not trying to fight you on this one :)

The problem is that this Q seems to come up every so often. It would be good if there was some terminology we could *all* use to get on the same page and give more consistent advice.

Kevin

Good thread. Good points.  Again, I am giving this from a buyer's perspective.

I still have to say that there are still two big components to buying a route: Trust and Verify!

The late great Ronald Reagan had that the slogan "Trust but Verify" when dealing with the Soviets. He would only trust them if he could verify their claims.

I would never trust any vendor's claim as to the amount of revenue his route produces since it is almost impossible to verify that claim! That's why asset value plus locator fee is the only way to go for me. If you pay a price based on annual revenue claims, then IMHO you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment or rip-off.

Now every now and then, a route opportunity comes up with some other intangibles.  Like maybe he has some accounts you really really want to get into.  Or maybe has a route loaded with equipment that you really really want to have.  In that case,  maybe pay a bit of a premium for those unique or special circumstances.

Happy Memorial Day!  May freedom, capitalism AND America live for a long, long time!

Thats a good point Jax. The two deals I made for commission route purchases is based on a per machine price only and nothing else. I had the choice of which routes I was interested in and I went by the number of machines total and the amount of money each location makes per year.