Any Australians upgraded to card readers?

Hi there - newbie in Sydney about to buy 23 sited drink/snack machines that have been run by the same owner for 25 years.

They haven't done much to improve business over that time, and all of the machines are currently cash only. I understand that most of them can be upgraded (some are too old), and I'm just wondering if anyone local has done the upgrades, who they used, upgrade and on-going costs of card readers etc.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

I guess 1st thing is to decide on which cashless system to go with.

Nayax, Seed, Circumtec or CPI/MEI.

Cost for readers are from $400AUD, monthly fee per unit is $15+ & a transaction fee per sale is 17c

Would need to know make & model of each VM to give you an answer.

Control boards for older VMs are available, but @ a cost of $400USD+ may not be fin viable.

If timing fits for you, there is a Vending Expo on in July www.ausvendexpo.com.au

2 hours ago, NevilleW said:

I guess 1st thing is to decide on which cashless system to go with.

Nayax, Seed, Circumtec or CPI/MEI.

Cost for readers are from $400AUD, monthly fee per unit is $15+ & a transaction fee per sale is 17c

Would need to know make & model of each VM to give you an answer.

Control boards for older VMs are available, but @ a cost of $400USD+ may not be fin viable.

If timing fits for you, there is a Vending Expo on in July www.ausvendexpo.com.au

Thanks Neville - this is very helpful, and I'll definitely be putting the Expo into my diary

The majority of the machines that I can convert are NC5000 or VM5 models.

As for which cashless system to go with....I didn't realise there were different options (as you can see, I'm a complete newbie). Nayax are the ones I seem to read about the most. 

One other question if I may, I'm struggling to find independent people to talk to about this - but if I can find someone to help with the conversions then I'd happily use them if they can give me some guidance on systems etc.  Maybe the Expo is the answer, although that's still a few months away.

Thanks again for your reply.

VM5 - depending on the age of them, if the current VMC (Vending Mach Controller) isn't compatable, there is an updated VMC available $300?

NC5000 - never heard of these. But I'm guessing that they will be similar to VM5.

As fas as upgrading, it is a DIY job. But maybe best to book a tech to show you 1st one & you should be OK from there.

When fitting a card reader, be aware that they ideally need a 2nd cut-out & I'm guessing that if only 1 on VM then a note acceptor will be in it. That will leave 2 options, drill holes in VM & surface mount it or if going with Nayax then a Fushion Bezel reader is available that fits on front of PTI Apex or ICT V6 note acceptor.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, NevilleW said:

VM5 - depending on the age of them, if the current VMC (Vending Mach Controller) isn't compatable, there is an updated VMC available $300?

NC5000 - never heard of these. But I'm guessing that they will be similar to VM5.

As fas as upgrading, it is a DIY job. But maybe best to book a tech to show you 1st one & you should be OK from there.

When fitting a card reader, be aware that they ideally need a 2nd cut-out & I'm guessing that if only 1 on VM then a note acceptor will be in it. That will leave 2 options, drill holes in VM & surface mount it or if going with Nayax then a Fushion Bezel reader is available that fits on front of PTI Apex or ICT V6 note acceptor.

Thanks again for your input Neville - I've sent you a PM