New to this business

WillisNYC

and I am a ten year veteran sales guy who is looking for something new.  I have sold MANY different things over the years and have had 'fabulous' success more than once.  First time I was selling foreign currency trading accounts and was doing a stupendous job selling them on the phone.  Was making really good dough only to find out that the owners embezzled all the customer funds and left us holding the bag! (I am included since I rolled over 1/2 of what I made into an account there that was also stolen!)  I am also one of those paper millionaires who owned a butt load of options from my company during the dotcom boom.  My 'paper' stake was well over 2 million dollars at its height.  Within 3 months of the bust, that value was under $5000!  I was only sticking around at the company to cash in my options and when they became worthless I ran out and started brokering internet ads on my own.  That led me to my 3rd success which came in internet poker!  (I got interested in poker when Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP and one of my best clients asked me if I could sell poker ads online.)  I had enough success in poker that I have done that for a living since 2005.  I actually won a couple of major online tournaments in 2006 (Pokerstars Sunday Million and the Paradise Poker Sunday $200 buy in.)  Since UIGEA was passed in 2007 online poker has become a lot more difficult and I am looking for something else to subsidize my income.  Vending sounds like something that fits my various talents and here I am after a fair amount of research.

That answers my question that I asked you in another thread. I wanted to know how long you have been vending for. Good luck to you. And you could not have picked a better website to learn about this business.

Welcom to vendiscuss Willis, I am sure you will find all the information you need about the vending business on this forum.  If you have any questions please ask.  Trust me you will get plenty of help!

• 10 months later...

I took the time to write this history for another post.  I figure it ought to be here as well for anyone interested in knowing more about my history before vending.

I have owned or helped to start up a variety of businesses over the past 20 years.    I have done about 4 different MLM programs which all suck IMHO.  I have owned a 45 unit real estate business  that was destroyed by the breakout of the first gulf war.  (All my units were next to an Army base that moved to the Saudi desert for a year while I sold everything and left as well.)  I helped to start up a 'hedge fund' that sold currency trading accounts after that.  We grew from 6 employees to 50 in the course of two years.  Then the owners walked out the door with all the clients money.  Doh!  I went on to work with 3 internet startups, the last one of which gave me a $million dollars worth of options.  The options became worthless within 6 monts or so of when we went public!    I continued to do internet ad sales for mysel working as a broker.  I did that for several years until lured into online poker as a player.  I made over 6 figures in that for the first two years.  Then the online market was made far more difficult by the new rules in the US that made it very difficult for casual players to put money online.  The fish disappeared from online poker and I found myself once again looking for 'opportunity'.   

I stumbled onto an ad for 'Own your own vending business.'  I responded to the ad and realized it was your typical sales/snow job that would get you to buy expensive equipment and get you 'stuck' in the business..  However I knew vending machines are everywhere and SOMEONE is making money on them.  So I began to search the internet about vending and found Uncles ebook.  This book revealed the business model and it is fairly simplistic compared to what I have done in the past.  As a matter of fact, the headaches in this business are different and ultimately FAR simpler than the headaches I experienced in ANY of the businesses above.

• 3 weeks later...