Eagle bubble gum machine questions/coin Mechanism free spin

Greg F

I am at 3:30 Ami just picked these up yesterday and yesterday and I knew going in that they were in rough shape they need completely be restored but the coin mechanisms are free spinning the main question I have is what parts need to be replaced Or fixed?

IMG_20220829_083504.jpg

Edited by Greg F
Add pic

I finally got around to taking the mechanism apart and I feel like I am missing some parts some parts. if someone could help identify what is missing and what I need to buy that would be greatly appreciated. also if you have a link to where I could get these or point me in the right direction that would help as well.  Or do you feel like it would be better just to replace the whole mechanism, I found some stuff over on gumballstuff.com but at $8 a part I can purchase a used mechanism for $11

rsz_20220829_122420.jpg

you are  missing the coin dogs.  2 different ones that is what checks for coins. i have 2 sets i will sell you for $5 plus however much shipping is. or i can sell you 2 coin mechs for $10  plus shipping. my coin mechs are oak they look different in the front but are the same in the back and will work in your machines. or you could take the parts off mine and make yours work. personally i would change over to 50 cent mechs though.

also it looks like your candy wheels are in backwards.

and i dont know why you said they are in bad shape they look pretty decent to me just needs a little cleaning.

Edited by Singod

3 hours ago, Singod said:

you are  missing the coin dogs.  2 different ones that is what checks for coins. i have 2 sets i will sell you for $5 plus however much shipping is. or i can sell you 2 coin mechs for $10  plus shipping. my coin mechs are oak they look different in the front but are the same in the back and will work in your machines. or you could take the parts off mine and make yours work. personally i would change over to 50 cent mechs though.

also it looks like your candy wheels are in backwards.

and i dont know why you said they are in bad shape they look pretty decent to me just needs a little cleaning.

If you'll sell me 2 mechanisms for 10 bucks I will take them.  They're rusted on the inside bottom and a lot of paint is chipping off.  the stand has a large rust spot on it as well. The candy wheels are going to get changed out because tbecause the adjustment pieces are rather rusted and the brushes are missing on the top piece. It's funny but about 2 Northwestern machines on Saturday and they came with extra candy wheels but they didn't fit that machine they fit an oak or eagle.

Edited by Greg F