New, but not really

car

Hi all, let me tell you all a little bit about myself. I own a self serve carwash, been in the business for 10+ years. Things have been good over the years but, new carwashs have been built in the last 5 years and I have lost alot of market share. I run a good clean operation. I put in a Pepsi can machine when I first bought the place. It has done ok over the years. Since the wash business has went down hill I realized that the pop machine was bring in more money than I thought. I just added a Coke machine next to the Pepsi. Both are doing well. NOW I thinking hey maybe I should look into the snack/pop vending business. I have been a salesman for many years and do well with the public. I like to research alot before I jump into a business. There are alot of questions I have. I thought this would be a good place to start. Hope I don't ask to many questions. car

Welcome car!

Too many questions? I think not! Thats what this site is for. I started VENDiscuss so operators had a place to come and share ideas and get answers to their questions. So ask away! I must admit that we do seem to have more bulk operators on the boards than snack/soda, but there are some that frequent us so I'm sure you will get great input.

Once again Welcome!

Steve 

Car washs can be great or they can be a problem. I have seen my wash business drop to 50% in the last 5 years. I look for hard luck stories with the vending business but didn't find any. I'm sure there out there. All business are subject to competition.

There out there but they are usually based on a bizop selling overpriced equiptment and giving an unrealistic profit expectation.

Vendors who have been taken become dejected and give up.

There is money in this business, you need the right equiptment at a fair price and you need good locations and plenty of them but it does make money.

Jimbo

• 4 months later...