How much electricity do vending machines use?

My potential customer asked me today for a wattage and kwhrs/mos usage figure.  I had no idea what those numbers were.  Anyone know the answer or a good source to find out these numbers?  I am sure that it differs by machine and age, but does anyone have a good quick answer to give those energy concious consumers out there?

WillisNYC, all electrical devices be it a phone, computer, or snack machine, all have a sticker or stamp with that kind of information.  Check on the back, possibly near the cord, or inside someplace.  It will probably be a metallic looking sticker with black printing.  It will have its power consumption and requirements, aka wattage.

The site below should also help you with providing this information.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/cost.html

If you go to some power utilitie sites you may get more info

I did a cost/power appraisal last week. The account used an old under counter water chiller. that ran 24/7 never shut down estimated power cost in Cnd $ was $480 per year

My new replacement from Mtn products estimated power cost was $7.80 per year.  That is right  I checked and rechecked.

Newer pop machines have  good insulation, good door seals and a sound compressor. The door only opens when you fill it (unlike a fridge) so the power usage is the compressor, the evap fan (24/7) and the lights. New machines have a programming feature to adjust the temp, turn off the lights etc. by day & time. Take a look at USI and see what they can do. Take a look at some RFPs for schools and see what they ask for when it comes to cold drink vendors (you will be shocked) some school boards really know thier stuff when it comes to power requirments and usage.

Snack machines use next to no power. DC vend motors, 18watt light, 2 watt fan