Mars VN2501 does not credit machine

I have an old AP4600 Snackshop that I picked up for $50. My first vending machine and I figured I would put it in at work and put stuff in at cost. I know its a dinosaur and bill acceptors were not factory on this machine. It was fitted with a VN2501 110v that I assume worked at one point, but does not now. The guy I got it from found it in his warehouse he bought and just wanted it gone, knew nothing about it. Bill acceptor has power, correctly accepts, validates, and stores the $1 dollar bills, but I think either doesn't send the pulse to credit the machine or the machine is not receiving it. The coin mech works completely, correctly accepts quarters, nickels, and dime and correctly credits the machine, coin return and change dispenser works correctly. The vend selection works, and all but 3 of the spirals work. The VN2501 is hooked up to a "logic mech to validator adapter" which I can't seem to find info online about. Could that be the issue? Again I know its a dinosaur but would be nice to have. Pictures attached. I am unsure if this machine requires a short pulse, long pulse, or credit. I did try all 3 settings and messed around with the DIP switches with no luck, but I do believe them to be set correctly, again except maybe the pulse. I did make sure to fill up the change tubes. Thank you for any help

1 - XhSso7D.jpg

2 - iSlmmTl.jpg

3 - t7ic8xQ.jpg

4 - 52cfH1r.jpg

5 - nZA54rG.jpg

6 - 9qKFkk5.jpg

7 - GybyyaT.jpg

8 - 3ypbiWl.jpg

Edited by maddawg