New in business

BDIG36

i HAVE JUST BOUGHT 46 USED MACHINES, THINKING OF USING KS FOR LOCATING I AM WONDERING WHAT PLACES THAT ARE USUALLY DUDS!  THANKS B&E VENDING                                                                                                                                                                                         

BDIG,

You'll need to be very careful where you place those Vendesign machines.  They have 4 large cannisters and unless yours are different than mine they won't vend 850 gumballs or 1" capsules or rubber balls.  This leaves candy and you won't sell enough candy in very many locations to support those machines.  I for sure wouldn't pay a locator to place those Vendesign machines.  Use the largest product labels you can get to cover as much of the cannisters as possible.  Fill with as little product as possible and put hard candy in two of those cannisters that will last a long time!  A better suggestion would be to start selling those off on craigslist one at a time until you sell them and buy some other machines.  They are decent quality machines but weird machines with major disadvantages.

The Vendstars are also a problem but not so much as the Vendesign machines in that at least the Vendstars only have 3 cannisters.  The Vendstars probably don't vend 850 gumballs, 1" capsules or rubber balls either.  This is a real big deal as first the gumballs are your highest profit item to vend and you need all you can get.  Next, when you have more heads than a location can support you want to fill those heads with something that won't go bad like some kind of toy in a capsule.  This way you can use your triple heads and not worry so much about having too many heads for the location and candy going bad.  At least with the Vendstars you may be able to convert some of your candy wheels to vend the 850 gumballs.

I have Vendstars and Vendesign machines myself so please accept this info on your machines as an honest attempt to help you in your decisions and not give you a hard time for buying these machines. 

nam

blackbear,

I would recommend buying what you get a great deal on including Vendstar or Vendesign machines if the price were right.  If I saw some nice Vendesign machines at a great price today I'd buy them if only to resell for a profit.  As far as buying bulk machines to keep these would be very low on my list and think they are only good in specific locations and not a machine I'd want very many of.

After taking price in to consideration as always, I'd highly recommend 1800vending machines at or near the top of my list of best machines for the money.  The reason is being able to find them from $50 to $100 for three heads that can all vend gumballs, 1" capsule toys, rubber balls or whatever candy you want to put in them. (with the correct gumball wheels)  They are also in my opinion better looking machines than most others and they're a metal not plastic machine as well as having removeable cannisters and quick method of removing your quarters. 

There are  a number of quality machines which have been talked about alot here in the forum, Beaver, NW, Eagle, Oak but it's pretty difficult to find these machines for a cheap price.  So if I could find one used NW 60 for $50 or a 1800vending triple head then I'd buy the 1800 machine.  Three heads are going to sell more than one.  Of course in most locations I'd prefer not to put candy in all three heads.  Actually, I'd rather have an 8 select U Turn than the 1800 machine for the same reason.  Eight heads are better than three as long as the locations can support it and in most cases that means maybe 2 or 3 candies not 8 cannisters filled with candy.  I like having a choice of what to place in the location.  Then you can place a single, double or big ole 8 select U Turn if it appears to be able to support it.  So many locations can't support even 3 heads so most triple heads are not the best thing if you plan to fill them with candy.  I feel if you can buy the 1800 machines cheap and fill them with something that won't spoil then the extra cannisters can only help and not hurt you.  Some of these machines will sell more rings than gumballs or Skittles!  If you're placing a machine in a location with no kids then you might prefer to place a single or double.

My thinking is not exactly in line with those that would suggest always buying quality machines.  I think this is great if you have the money to buy both quality and quanity because this is a business of big numbers if you want to make any money.  Having only a few quality machines isn't going to make you as much money as having alot of cheap machines.  I prefer cheap machines with removeable cannisters, 1" capsule or ball capable, coin door for easy access and coin boxes, tubular locks not flat key, and a decent reputation here in the forum.  The 1800vending machines meet all those requirements.  Even spill trays if you like them!

You'll get different opinions on this question and if I had enough money my opinion my be to buy nothing but the best but since I don't you got the poor mans answer.  lol  I'd also suggest you buy what you can find a great deal on in your area and not restrict yourself to looking for just one machine.  If you see a great deal on a sticker/tattoo machine or spiral then buy it.  The great deal may not come along again for a long time so get it while you can is my opinion.

nam

Nam

Thanks, for all the great information!

I think this site is great , I bought the vendesigns for 1,400. i am planning to place them in places of business that have 50 or more employs and putting them in break area. going to offer nuts and gum,  candy .