.92 gumballs in an Oak Acorn

Bluestreak

Hi Folks. I've got a plexiglass sided Oak Acorn machine and am trying to vend .92" gumballs instead of the 1" because of price. When I first tried it, they seemed to not work  with the 1" round hole insert. I have several candy inserts so adjusted the portion size to fit the gumball, and it works for a while but then something gets hung up and they won't dispense until I stir and shake the machine a bit.

Any ideas how to reliably vend these slightly smaller gumballs in this Oak Acorn?

1 hour ago, Bluestreak said:

Hi Folks. I've got a plexiglass sided Oak Acorn machine and am trying to vend .92" gumballs instead of the 1" because of price. When I first tried it, they seemed to not work  with the 1" round hole insert. I have several candy inserts so adjusted the portion size to fit the gumball, and it works for a while but then something gets hung up and they won't dispense until I stir and shake the machine a bit.

Any ideas how to reliably vend these slightly smaller gumballs in this Oak Acorn?

You need a rocket wheel & brushoff plate.

https://www.gumballstuff.com/vintage-metal-small-gumball-wheel-and-brush-set-for-oak-acorn-machine/

You can email or call them to verify that is the set up you need for .92 gumballs bit I'm pretty sure that is it. Using a 1 inch wheel with smaller gumballs can often cause misvends in the form of 2 gumballs at a time, gumballs vending every other time and sometimes an issue referred to as "bridging" where the smaller gumball jam up over the wheel causing no gumballs to drop. 

3 hours ago, gumball guy said:

You need a rocket wheel & brushoff plate.

https://www.gumballstuff.com/vintage-metal-small-gumball-wheel-and-brush-set-for-oak-acorn-machine/

You can email or call them to verify that is the set up you need for .92 gumballs bit I'm pretty sure that is it. Using a 1 inch wheel with smaller gumballs can often cause misvends in the form of 2 gumballs at a time, gumballs vending every other time and sometimes an issue referred to as "bridging" where the smaller gumball jam up over the wheel causing no gumballs to drop. 

Thanks!  I might have solved the problem with some 1.25 PVC pipe.  Cut an insert to length and shaved a bit off the edge with a band saw. It press fit in tightly and seems to be the right size to avoid the double vend problems I was having. 

IMG_6434.jpeg