Brand new and looking at a possible deal on Machines

Roonster

Hello Everyone,

Great Forum, I've been lurking for a few days now reading as much as I can.  It's amazing how helpful people seem to be here, sharing ideas and lessons learned.

I'm in the early research phase and have come across a possible deal on some machines. They guy is selling used NorthWestern 60 doubles on a stand for $75.  Supposedly all are working and described as in "great condition".  I haven't seen them myself yet, its about a 1-2 hour drive away.

Anything in specific I should be looking out for?  

Thanks,

Paul.

I have a little bit more information about the machines now.  They range between 1-5 years old.  They've been re-painted once, and most of the original globes have been replaced with new plastic ones.

Thanks for any feedback.

Roonster, welcome to Vendiscuss!

NW are great quality machines, but $75 for doubles isn't a great deal, just OK.  Unless you are desperate I would keep searching craigslist and Ebay.  How firm is he on the price?  Maybe if you buy a bunch you can talk him down to $40 ea.

Roonster, welcome to Vendiscuss!

NW are great quality machines, but $75 for doubles isn't a great deal, just OK.  Unless you are desperate I would keep searching craigslist and Ebay.  How firm is he on the price?  Maybe if you buy a bunch you can talk him down to $40 ea.

I thought it might be a bit on the high side.  I haven't started negotiating price at this point I've just been getting details on what he has.

Thanks Gabe,