Just starting Out

cutman2000

I bought 1 new doubelheaded gumball machine to start. I eventually want to get into the snacks and drinks but want to start here first to get the hang of it. Should I get more gumball machines, or just buy and place them one at a time? Should I find my own locations or use a locator? Thanks

5 hours ago, cutman2000 said:

I bought 1 new doubelheaded gumball machine to start. I eventually want to get into the snacks and drinks but want to start here first to get the hang of it. Should I get more gumball machines, or just buy and place them one at a time? Should I find my own locations or use a locator? Thanks

A critical part of the vending business is the ability to procure your own locations so I would encourage you to do your own locating. Bulk vending (quarter turn machines) does not have a bright future so I would limit your investment in that realm of the business. If you are set on trying bulk vending first then I would buy five or ten machines at a time because trying to buy product for just a few machines leads to stale product and very little variety. I understand your strategy of starting small with gumball machines then maybe transitioning beverage and food vending but they are really two different animals. I would encourage you to extensively read the food and beverage section on this website paying particular attention to topics/questions by new vendors. You may find that moving directly into beverage vending, then possibly snack vending, maybe a better option for you in the long run.