3rd party

car

• 4 weeks later...

When I first started full line vending I used soda machines from Coke but over the years it has become to restrictive and expensive,  customers want more selection and I wanted cheaper product cost so I feel it is better in the long run to just buy the machines yourself.

Abbadox

What is the best way of acquiring 3rd party locations? Are they worth the effort? Lee

Hey Lee, I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing: to me 3rd party means using equipment from another company like Coke Or Pepsi soda machines?.  If that is what you mean then all you have to do is call the local distributor for your area and almost all of them have some form of 3rd party setup.  Some charge and some do not, but everyone I have heard of require you to purchase XX amount of soda every month and it usually is not a very good price.  You also have to have a business license and all the required insurance.

Abbadox

Yea, I looked into the 3rd party programs for both Coke and Pepsi. The one thing that turned me off was the high cost of the product. Not to mention the fact that you had to purchase X amount of product from them each year. If you did not they would pull your machine from you.

I just buy my own now. I have a machine distributor close by that sells quality used equipment that I can pick up myself and save shipping.

Steve

About the only real use of the 3rd party method is for early stage growth,  if your working with a small startup budget you may be better off just buying the snack machines and using 3rd party soda machines  and then as cashflow permits you can switch the locations to your own machines.  I have also heard of other 3rd party machines like ice cream and fries but never really seen any of the agreements in  writing so I am not sure if they are any good.

Abbadox