what to do

BDIG36

BDIG,

I have tried working on the phone and I'm just not very good at it I guess.  I've had much more success going face to face with the owner.  It's much easier for me face to face and also being able to see the location and where my machines will be placed.  Some times owners have no common sense and think you should place your machine just anywhere they happen to have an empty space.  You can't see this on the phone.  Neither can the owner or manager see our machine and sometimes it's not what they were expecting.  You're just better off doing your own locating in person, face to face in my experience.

nam

I am like Nam.  I have had success locating in person.  I do sometimes call ahead to see when is best to come in or to set up a meeting.  Also, when I locate in person I wear my "Gabe's Vending" Polo and have a binder, business cards, etc and it really makes a nice first impression.

BDIG36,

There's alot to be said for locating in person. You get to check out the place and the people ahead of time.I use a phone locator and have had to refuse a few places due to bad part of town or other reasons. I just recently got a breakroom in a grocery store that is upstairs at the top of 15 steps. Dragging a double up there was no fun and the servicing is going to be a challenge. Some vendors are good at it and some are not. I guess it's all in what you are comfortable with and whether YOU want to make the arraignments or let someone else do it for you and then live with it (or not).

BDIG36,

There's alot to be said for locating in person. You get to check out the place and the people ahead of time.I use a phone locator and have had to refuse a few places due to bad part of town or other reasons. I just recently got a breakroom in a grocery store that is upstairs at the top of 15 steps. Dragging a double up there was no fun and the servicing is going to be a challenge. Some vendors are good at it and some are not. I guess it's all in what you are comfortable with and whether YOU want to make the arraignments or let someone else do it for you and then live with it (or not).

Just any FYI- I have several Super market break rooms and they do well.  Also not a problem to service.  Dragging the machines into the location was a bit of a pain but well worth it.  My supermarkets average over $30 per month.