any reason for liability insurance for full line?

gundog

Well, the question isn't about getting sued, it is what will happen if you do get sued. If you have an LLC, and you don't care about the worth of your machines, then there is no need for insurance. The most you can lose in a suit is the worth of your business.

But, like I said, you must have an LLC for this scenario.

Kevin

Great info there alyssamma.  I guess I will have to look into it more.  One machine I purchased with cash before I got my checking set up.  Any other ways to prove the business is the owner?  My others should be ok.  They were paid by cashiers check of which a check out of my business account was used to pay the cashiers check.

You need liability to protect your own assests. People are stupid and will do stupid things, and sue you. I have an uncle (did a stupid thing). He put a package on top of a vending machine. Later when he went to get it, he climbed up it a little and it fell over on him (breaking his leg). While this may not have been the vendor's fault, a sympathetic judge might think it is, and regardless, you would have court costs for your defense. My uncle did not sue since he was smart enough to knew he was stupid for climbing on top of a machine.