Getting Started In Illinois (Chicago Suburbs)

Mr_H

Hello-

I'm a father of 2 with 2 more expected in October. I work full-time and so does my wife. I've always been fascinated with coin-op equipment. I started collecting arcade machines a few years ago and recently started attending auctions where I've seen plenty of vending equipment which always seems to sell well. So I figured why not investigate a little more, invest and stop daydreaming. I'm not looking to get rich and I'm not looking to quit my day job. I am looking to make a small investment and  work a couple of hours a week to make a bit of money on the side. I've posted an ad up on Craigslist and have received a couple of response one being to join this forum and read the advice that is given. I would prefer to purchase a route, or even consider going through a machine/locator one shot deal if need be to get me started. What should I look for when purchasing from and individual and which companies can I trust to get me started off right? I was thinking of starting with candy/stickers/trinkets, but am also considering Soda Pop/Snacks. Thank you for your time and talents.

J

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find a wealth of information here on bulk vending as well as full line. If you are looking to start small and go slow buy a few used triples and have them placed to see how it works out for you. Then if you like it buy a few toy machines and see how they go. If you're having a locator place them triples will be easier to service and source product for. Also cheaper....for the equipment and the inventory. Glad you found us, read all you can the information you'll find is priceless. Also congratulations on your upcoming additions to the family. Good luck to you.