New to Bulk Vending - Lets talk $$$

The Great Gattsby

I am new to the bulk vending business.  I just got my first triple head machine and went to Sam's Club to get the candy.  I will have it placed this week at a real estate office. 

I am hoping to get some tips from the pros about how to analyze bulk vending routes.  Is there a rule of thumb on how much should you pay for an established route?  How do you get to the cost / vend figure?  What profit should I strive for on a per unit basis if I am using triple head machines?  Is there a resource for spreadsheets that I should use?  I created one but I am not sure if it will be adequate.

Also, are there any general financial tips or issues I should look into / learn in the initial stages?

All tips are greatly appreciated.  Also...this seems to be barnone the best site for information that I have found....great job and thanks for the help.

Welcome to the neighborhood Gattsby! I'm so glad you found us.

Is there a rule of thumb on how much should you pay for an established route?

There have been many posts about this very popular topic. Take a moment to read all the topics in the "vending 101" section. You can access that section by clicking on the "vending 101" tab shown here.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/101.bmp

How do you get to the cost / vend figure?

Once you achieve PLUS status there are some great tools submitted by various members including a great little spreadsheet that calculates cost per vend figures.

Is there a resource for spreadsheets that I should use?

Again, member PLUS is the place to be for great spreadsheet templates.

Also, are there any general financial tips or issues I should look into / learn in the initial stages?

I encourage you to visit our 'Regulatory Affairs' section for some great info regarding insurance, licensing and tax reporting.

Once again, welcome to the site and enjoy!

Steve