Bulk Market Saturation: How do you tell?

dsimms

It doesn't matter if it is oversaturated - it matters if you can make $ there. There are areas with lots of machines that we do well in. There are areas with only us and we don't do well.

I don't mean that to be flippant - I am serious. It really isn't a black and white issue like that.

As for Eddie getting "lucky"...this is his job. I'm not sure luck has anything to do with it. If you read the reviews on him, everyone has gotten their locations quickly and, in general, people are pleased with his results.

Right now I think he is the highest rated locator - but he doesn't have the volume of the others. Once that happens, we'll see if he can keep his approval rating :)

Kevin

It doesn't matter if it is oversaturated - it matters if you can make $ there. There are areas with lots of machines that we do well in. There are areas with only us and we don't do well.

I don't mean that to be flippant - I am serious. It really isn't a black and white issue like that.

As for Eddie getting "lucky"...this is his job. I'm not sure luck has anything to do with it. If you read the reviews on him, everyone has gotten their locations quickly and, in general, people are pleased with his results.

Right now I think he is the highest rated locator - but he doesn't have the volume of the others. Once that happens, we'll see if he can keep his approval rating :)

Kevin

thats a good thing. I hope luck had nothing to do with it. I hope he is just that

good at what he does, and continues to provide good locations. I can not say that

I live in a tiny area, but the area I would like to stay in is fairly small in comparison

to minneapolis-st paul... I just hope he keeps it up...start inward, and expand

outward if you have too.

I would say most areas are saturated; ease of entry has a lot to do with it. Just be persistent, offer superior service and be likable and you will be fine. Friday, I ran across a Vendstar with no chutes that the owner wanted out..no service.. and I slid in; another Vendstar abandoned and the dealer put that one in the back and I got in. Timing is everything and you have to be out there showing your face. There are many "vendors" who have given up, no service you name it... the more you pound your territory the better you will do.

I would say most areas are saturated; ease of entry has a lot to do with it. Just be persistent, offer superior service and be likable and you will be fine. Friday, I ran across a Vendstar with no chutes that the owner wanted out..no service.. and I slid in; another Vendstar abandoned and the dealer put that one in the back and I got in. Timing is everything and you have to be out there showing your face. There are many "vendors" who have given up, no service you name it... the more you pound your territory the better you will do.

that sounds like a plan to me, I guess there is nothing better then sliding in when

another vendor has given up, or left his machines for whatever reasons.