Runts   

Jerky By Art    Art    1    PMM    $5.00

Shades Grey    Orlando    1    PMM   

Chopstix    UNK    2    JB GB    $10.75

Runts    $5.00

Bagel Joe's    Joe    2    JB GB   

Runts   

Totals:        9        $20.75

Excel gross C&P :)  If there is no dollar next to the business, there were no collection on that day (11/8/07 here). 

Thanks for the report Lucero! I hope you don't mind but I cleaned it up a bit for you. Let me know if what I have done here is accurate.

Steve

You did indeed... Duh, I'll just take a screenshot of the excel piece instead of the C&P :)  It slipped my mind that I can just post an image.  Thanks, Steve.

I'll just take a screenshot of the excel piece instead of the C&P

i have know idea what any of that means, but i like the chart

Woops!  English:  I'll take a picture of the spreadsheet rather than try to copy and paste the numbers into the message box here :)

• 1 month later...

$9.79 average per? Are these locations or heads?

Steve

The description on the left of each line is the type of location it is.  If you see the same location-type multiple times in a row, that's multiple heads at the same location.  So the 3 Mechanic Shop lines you see are 3 different heads at the same location.  1 head per line.  I'll modify web app to post the product-type before I do December numbers.  Maybe I'll repost Nov too for clarity.

-Lucero

Yeah, Thats why I went to the 1/1 plan but you see how that turned out. :X

Steve

Word.  I think it's worth making less $$ on the second or third head.  It's great that some heads blow up with a 20 or 30 dollar take, but I'm happy to get a $4.50/mo on a 2nd head... If $3.75 is profit, that's still $45/yr on a $53 dollar investment... worth it to me anyway.  I'm scared for the summer, New mexico gets REALLY hot, I won't be able to run PMMs in quite a few locations.

My experiment made me wonder if the other options helped to draw in customers but once it came to decision time, the PMM got the sale. When I singled everything out, I was in essence, removing my advertisements for the machine.

Oh well, it isn't anything that can't be reversed.

Steve

My experiment made me wonder if the other options helped to draw in customers but once it came to decision time, the PMM got the sale. When I singled everything out, I was in essence, removing my advertisements for the machine.

Oh well, it isn't anything that can't be reversed.

Steve

Hmm that might be a factor I hadn't considered.  Well, no matter how sound (we think) our reasoning is, we don't ever really know what the result is until we give it a shot.  I'm glad you did.  I like Tiff's idea of running a promoting at the store as well.  I think I'll do that but slightly modified... have a single 1" cap with a small note that the owner signs as good for 1 [store product] that I pre-pay for.  This way not every single employee will have to be trained on the promotion, and the owner is happy with an additional sale.

-Lucero

... and here are the December numbers (12/10-1/10)

Note that I had a few problems this past month which drastically affected my numbers.  Many millenia I had where experiencing a problem where there was too much vertical play on the candy wheel, and would frequently just hop a tooth instead of turning when making a vend.  This resulted in 'out of order' machines that shop owners would put signs on and stop using.  I also made the (super rookie) mistake of taking out the adjustor plate from the pan-candy wheel to try and get more PMMs per vend.   This also led to mis-vends and broken hearts and less sales.

EDIT:  If you're looking for a per-head avg, ignore the apartment complex, those heads were only there for a few days.

Must just be me, but I can't seem to generate any interest in gumballs. True that none of my places are kid frequented, but I like gumballs! It's nice to see that you got some decent gumball locations.

Regards,

Philo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hoooooooo!  January's numbers are in.  Head average of $9.15.  The two biggest stinkers had two major changes.  On one, I changed out both products.  On the other, I spoke to the owner, and he took out part of his display case so that we could put my double right by the register ,'^)

I didn't place anywhere near as many machines as I planned, but as my girlfriends have all found out, my interest is intense but cyclical.  Been busy with Real Estate stuff.  Hoping to get back to vending & locating soon.

One note, the Tattoo Parlour that I did almost 30 bucks at was ROUGH on the machine.  I found 6 quarters wrapped in tape with little tape handles to try and pull them back out, a scotch-tape slug, pieces of paper, and pieces of paper wrapped in scotch.  They jammed the handle hard enough to break the mech, and undid the screws as far as they could on the bottom of the machine (just unscrew the base if you're trying to do that... silly guys.)

Enjoy.

EDIT:  Also if anyone is interested, my route takes about 5 hours to service, which means I've bought myself a 30/hr job.  Hopefully I can build up to two hundred or so and take a smaller cut with an employee.

How many tattoo shops do ya have ?  If only one I can see why they wanted some money back LOL they spent all of thiers !

Hey Tiff.  I have 3, each of the above represents a shop with a single head.  It's funny that you say that, all the slugs and theft attempts were at the top of the coin pile :)   I'm OK with them doing some damage to the machine occassionally as long as they keep putting $30 a month in :)  A broken machine per month would be pretty lame though :-P  I need to get a machine with a clutch in there.