silly question from a newbie

akashdesai

Ok so I've been doing my research and am in the hunt from some quality used machines and candies and such to stock it with (locations I've secured already within my family).  In doing that I've been reading (here, there, everywhere), but have yet to come across an answer to this:

Peanut M&Ms, Reeses, or anything else with peanuts in them.....what do you do about people with peanut allergies?  The last thing I would want is having liability for a peanut allergy.  From my viewpoint, if the label says Peanut M&M it should be pretty obvious to avoid, but then there's people that will think coffee (not iced) is served cold.

Ok so I've been doing my research and am in the hunt from some quality used machines and candies and such to stock it with (locations I've secured already within my family).  In doing that I've been reading (here, there, everywhere), but have yet to come across an answer to this:

Peanut M&Ms, Reeses, or anything else with peanuts in them.....what do you do about people with peanut allergies?  The last thing I would want is having liability for a peanut allergy.  From my viewpoint, if the label says Peanut M&M it should be pretty obvious to avoid, but then there's people that will think coffee (not iced) is served cold.

Let me know if you come across any quality used candies :-D.  Just a quick note, but when I cut out and laminate my PM&M label, I make sure to have 'Peanut' and 'chocolate' still on the label as a disclaimer.

Let me know if you come across any quality used candies :-D.  Just a quick note, but when I cut out and laminate my PM&M label, I make sure to have 'Peanut' and 'chocolate' still on the label as a disclaimer.

ha...all in how its read i guess?

As far as the label, thats my plan too but i guess im just worried about the sue happy citizen....

If someone is out to litigate, chances are they are looking to sue someone bigger than you. In addition the person needs to prove that there was negligence on your part. If you put the choking hazzard sticker on your machine and someone chokes, they can still drag you into court. But what are their chances of winning? If I have a peanut allergy and I eat peanuts my chances of winning are not good.

Regards,

Philo